We are looking for enthusiastic, self - motivated and committed individuals to join our Dynamic team members for the above post. Reporting To: Clerk of Works.
- Reference Number: Tel20234929
Responsible for the provision of a sound and efficient electrical system in all TelOne premises and properties at all times so as to minimize service disruptions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans Layout And Installation Of Electrical Wiring, Equipment And Fixtures, Based On Job Specifications And Local Codes.
- Inspects Electrical Systems, Equipment, And Components To Identify Hazards, Defects, And The Need For Adjustment Or Repair, And To Ensure Compliance With Codes.
- Assembles, Installs, Test, And Maintains Electrical Wiring, Equipment, Appliances, Apparatus, And Fixtures, Using Hand Tools And Power Tools.
- Diagnoses Malfunctioning Systems, Apparatus, And Components, Using Test Equipment And Hand Tools, To Locate The Cause Of A Breakdown And Correct The Problem.
- Connects Wires To Circuit Breakers, Transformers, Or Electrical Components.
- Tests Electrical Systems And Continuity Of Circuits In Electrical Wiring, Equipment, And Fixtures, Using Testing Devices Such As Ohmmeters, Voltmeters, And Oscilloscopes, To Ensure Compatibility And Safety Of System.
- Re-Routes Wires And Relocates Lights/Lighting Switches Affected By Changes In Office Arrangement And Relocation.
- Works Closely With The Clerk Of Works In Maintenance And Repair Works For The Building And Offices.
- Completes all other related tasks as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Apprenticeship Trained Journeyperson In Electrical Power Engineering.
- A Minimum 2 Years’ Experience In Electrical Power Engineering.
- Ability To Work With Minimum Supervision.
- A clean class 4 driver’s license a must.
How to Apply
NB: Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.
Deadline: 21 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
TelOne Zimbabwe is a parastatal telecommunications company owned by the Zimbabwe government headquartered in Harare's Central Business District. It provides Voice, Internet and Data services and has a wide network distribution with infrastructure in almost every corner of this country.