Field Service Technician (Harare)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leading supplier of equipment, tools, parts, service and technical solutions for mining and infrastructure industries. Applications include drilling, bolting, loading and hauling. The focus lies on bringing value to customers through high-performing products that increase productivity and safety as well as to provide services and flexible maintenance programs that extend uptime and cut costs
The purpose of the role is to achieve customer satisfaction by repairing, inspecting, and commissioning service, considering economical and other aspects; resolving technical problems on mobile equipment by use of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing operational or process problems; as well as applying this knowledge appropriately in different kinds of situations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair, inspect and commission mobile equipment at customer site or own premises.
- Report and document results of above stated activities.
- Plan and maintain tools and equipment for service work.
- Support the customer’s product/equipment/processes by suggesting possible improvements.
- Provide technical support to the sales team.
- Provide problem solving support to customer.
- Guide colleagues in service methods and tools.
- Share own knowledge to enable colleagues to expand their knowledge.
- Plan for correct tools and parts required to perform tasks, according to all work procedures.
- Conduct root cause analysis (RCA) to identify and solve common problems, as a first line support.
- Identify components, understand basic functionality, and conduct maintenance and repair work accordingly. This includes the provision of preventive and cost-efficient repairs.
- Understands system functionality and interactions of hydraulics/mechanics/electrics/automation/pneumatics/materials.
- Maintenance and Servicing Equipment and complete maintenance reports for internal and external stakeholders e.g., report and document on maintenance and/or repairs completed. Obtain customer authorization to invoice.
Qualifications and Experience
- Trade Certificate of Competence - Diesel Mechanic/Auto Electrical/Millwright.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working as an Artisan with proven competence on working with Mobile equipment.
- Min 3 years’ experience in: Fault finding/electrohydraulic/auto electrical/hydraulic/PLC, remote control offerings.
- Underground mining environment, maintaining of Mobile equipment.
- Full physical and medical ability to work in a mining environment.
- Basic Computer literacy.
- Own set of tools.
- English proficiency.
- Valid driver’s and license.
How to Apply
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customer.
Deadline: 27 November 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Sandvik AB is a Swedish multinational engineering company specializing in products and services for mining, rock excavation, rock drilling, rock processing, metal cutting and machining. The company was founded in Gävleborg County, Sweden, in 1862. It is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry.