Human Resources Officer (Industrial Relations)
Applications are invited from suitably and qualified candidates to apply.
Reports to: Human Resources Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that HR policies and processes are current and conform to employment legislation.
- Advises line management on all labour relations.
- Liaises with management, employees and unions to keep them informed regarding Labour Relations matters.
- Maintain sound industrial relations between the employerand employees.
- Studies and interpret relevant labour legislation to Management and staff.
- Keeps abreast of developments, legislative changes and emerging trends in the profession.
- Conducts research into particular industrial relations issues including arbitration decisions and analyse their effect on pending labour cases.
- Interprets labour law changes to management and staff.
- Advises Management and staff on grievance and disciplinary processes.
- Represent the Company before Labour Officer, Designated Agents or Labour Court or other labour negotiations.
- Coordinates disciplinary and grievance processes including preparing witnesses to testify
- Manages grievances and grievance procedures timeously.
- Conciliates and mediates disputes among staff.
- Able to resolve conflicts and manage grievances.
- Keeps up to date with the employee relations climate in the Company.
- Advises line managers in dealing with employee relations issues and maintaining good human relations.
- Identifies and implement employee relations programs, in consultation with the relevant stakeholdergroups, that will lead to a more efficient and motivated workforce.
- Manages effectively all litigation cases.
- Ensure the wider workforce is aware of company policies and procedures.
- Designs, implements and evaluates training programmes for staff on industrial relations.
- Trains staff on the Code of Conduct.
- Coordinates Works Council meetings.
- Writes staff meetings and Works Council minutes.
- Writes monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Social Sciences or Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations and Psychology from a recognized University.
- A Diploma in Industrial Relations orArbitration and Conciliation.
- Arbitration experience is an added advantage.
- 4 years working experience in industrial relations.
- Thorough knowledge of labour laws
- Computer literate.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of disciplinary and grievance handling procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interviewing skills.
- Organisational skills.
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates should submit their application letters with detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates to:
The Human Resources and Admin Director
Airports Company of Zimbabwe (Private) Limited
3rd level, International Building
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply for all positions
Deadline: 10 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Airports Company Of Zimbabwe (Private) Limited
CAAZ manages and develops eight airports in Zimbabwe, offering direct and fast access to the country's tourist resort areas. R G Mugabe International Airport is an international gateway into the capital city of Harare, the hub of commercial activity in the country.