Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post. This position is offered on a four-year performance based contract, which is renewable.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Librarian shall be responsible for the administration and safeguarding of the library of the Institute.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective operation and management of the entire library system.
- Planning, policy formulation, staffing and administrative projections of the Library requirements.
- Liaising with teaching departments and research centres and other units over the identification and acquisition of resources that support the HIT mandate and Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) programmes.
- Public relations for the Institute Library.
- Serves on several Committees and liaises with academic staff, students, the Institut Community and all bona fide researchers outside the membership of the Institute.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Master's degree in Library Science or equivalent.
- At least 6 years experience in a senior position in an academic library.
- Awareness of the latest developments in Information and Communication Technology within the library science field.
- Ability to equip users with information 'literacy skills.
- Capacity to support institutional research and development and innovation thrust of the university.
- Capacity to deploy ICTs to deliver content and services to the HIT community.
- Capacity to mobilise resources for the Library in particular and the University in general.
- Evidence of research and publications in relevant disciplines will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Details on salary, allowances and other benefits will be made available to short-listed candidates. Application letters, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability and names of at least three (3) referees should be addressed to:
The Registrar Harare
Institute of Technology
P.O. Box BE 277
NB: Harare Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: 24 February 2023.Generate a Whatsapp Message
Harare Institute of Technology (HIT)
Harare Institute of Technology (HIT) is a Zimbabwean university offering courses mainly in technology.
The Harare Institute of Technology (HIT) was established in 1988 as a National Vocational Training Centre (NVTC). Over time, it evolved into a Technical College offering courses in automotive, electrical, and mechanical engineering, producing artisans capable of operating and maintaining machinery in industry with little or no research or generation of new technology related knowledge. HIT conducts research, design, manufacture, develop, incubate, transfer, and commercialize technology for all sectors of the economy.