Maintenance Manager: Mining Division
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, competent and experienced persons to fill the following position on a 3 year fixed term employment contract basis, renewable subject to performance.
Zimasco (Pvt) Limited, a major player in Zimbabwe's Ferrochrome sector, has an exciting and challenging career opportunity within its Mining Division.
Reporting to the General Manager - Mining, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Maintenance Department of the Mining Division covering both Shurugwi & South Dyke as well as North & Middle Dyke (Mutorashanga and Ngezi) regions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that fixed and mobile plant within the division, at both surface and underground mines, is maintained and that planned equipment availabilities are consistently achieved.
- Ensuring that engineering (mechanical, electrical, civil) projects within the division are planned, budgeted for and implemented within the budgeted costs, time and quality.
- Management of civil, electrical and mechanical engineering service providers and Contractors within the Division.
- Generation of departmental Capex and Opex budgets.
- Timeous delivery of Engineering services in a cost effective manner.
- Development and coaching of employees within the department.
- Ensuring that all work done within the department is done in compliance of applicable legislation, company standards, policies and procedures and SHE.
Qualifications and Experience
- A BSc (Hons.) degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering from a reputable university.
- At least ten years post qualification experience in a mining or mineral processing or heavy engineering environment of which at least three years should have been at Section Engineer level.
- Knowledge and experience in the maintenance of mining equipment such as hoists, compressors, processing plants and mobile equipment is a prerequisite.
- Project management knowledge and experience is essential
- Knowledge and experience in management of service contracts is an added advantage.
- Experience in developing and/or implementing preventive and predictive maintenance processes is highly desirable.
- Membership of a recognized engineering professional body.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of safety management systems, with exposure to the NOSA SHE system being an added advantage.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applications from persons meeting the above stated requirements together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and proof of qualifications to be submitted to:
The Manpower Services Manager
Re: Maintenance Manager
Zimasco (Private) Limited
P.O. Box 124
Or E-Mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 24 February 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message