Applications are invited from a suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned position.
The incumbents will report to the Harare/ Bulawayo Motor Workshop Foreman and will be responsible for the repairs and maintenance of TelOne fleet to ensure availability of reliable vehicles for use in the day to day operations of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains The TelOne Fleet In Working Order Through Carrying Out Preventive Maintenance, Repairing Faulty Vehicles And Carrying Out The Various Services I.e. A To D Service.
- Repairs The TelOne Fleet To Ensure Availability Of Vehicles To Carry Out Day To Day Operations E.g. Engine Overhauls, Brake Overhauls, Transmission Overhauls, Tune Ups, Changing Points, Plug Condensers Etc.
- Tests Vehicle Engines By Subjecting Them To Their Working Conditions By Checking On Durability Of Workmanship Of The Work Done.
- Enforces Health And Safety Standards According To Statutory Requirements.
- Completes Job Cards For Vehicles After Repairs To Enable Costing Of The Work To Be Completed.
- Recommends Vehicle Usability To Management To Enable Planning For Possible Replacements.
- Contracts Vehicles For Specialist Repairs E.g. Where The Vehicles Need To Be Attended To By An Auto Electrician.
- Maintains Corporate TelOne Image By Ensuring The Vehicles Used In Day To Day Business Operations Are In Good Working Condition E.g. No Breaking Down At Customers’ Premises.
- Completes Other Related Tasks As Required
Qualifications and Experience
- Apprentice Trained Class 1 Journeyperson In Motor Mechanics.
- Plus 2 Years’ Relevant Experience.
- Ability To Work With Minimum Supervision.
- A Clean Class 4 Driver’s License A Must.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: http://careers.telone.co.zw/vacancies/list/10
Deadline: 24 February 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
TelOne Zimbabwe is a parastatal telecommunications company owned by the Zimbabwe government headquartered in Harare's Central Business District. It provides Voice, Internet and Data services and has a wide network distribution with infrastructure in almost every corner of this country.