Operating Theatre Nurse (Harare)
Applications are invited from qualified and experienced candidates for the above position based in Harare under St Annes Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicating and informing patients and their families about the surgery, its risks and benefits.
- Assessing patients before surgery.
- Supporting the anesthetists.
- Preparing all the instruments that are necessary for the surgical procedure.
- Inspecting the operating theatre and making sure it is fit for purpose.
- Briefing with the team.
- Sending for the patient and moving them to theatre.
- Providing high standards of skilled care and support during each phase of a patient’s perioperative care.
- Sending the patient to recovery.
- Any other duties that may be prescribed by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in General Nursing.
- Diploma in Operating Theatre Nursing.
- Current Practicing Certificate
- prior work experience OTN work experience an added advantage.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic Problem skills.
How to Apply
Prospective candidates in possession of the above should send applications together with current detailed CV’s to: email@example.com and mention the position being applied for in the subject matter.
Deadline: 12 January 2024
St Anne's Hospital
St Anne's Hospital is a Roman Catholic health facility located in Harare, Zimbabwe. St Anne's Hospital was established in 1941 by catholic sisters of the Little Company of Mary.