Procurement & Administration Assistant x3
The mission of this position is to support SOS CV Zimbabwe program locations with provision of procurement and administration services. The Procurement & Administration Assistant provides advice and customer service to all staff in relation to the purchasing processes, policies and procedures. This position will also be required to assist with other areas of the location including fleet management and general administration duties.
- Working location: Bindura, Waterfalls, Bulawayo.
- Duration: 12 months.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and continuously update lists of prequalified suppliers, contractors and consultants in various specific categories of goods, works or services according to the procurement needs of SOS CVZ at location level
- Prepare SOS Children’s Villages Location Procurement Plans in liaison with the user departments.
- Prepare Local Purchase Orders, Local Service Orders and Contract Agreements.
- Outsource for quotations from suppliers as per the threshold in reference to the procurement manual.
- Coordinate receipt and inspection of delivered item ensuring that quality and user specifications are met.
- Act as the secretary to the procurement committees and shall prepare the bid analysis and or evaluation reports of the deliberations of the procurement committees.
- Ensure that all records on procurement are prepared, updated and properly and filed
- Conduct continuous support and sensitization on matters of procurement for local staff
- Prepares purchase orders and petty cash payments and ensures all documents supporting payment are attached before a payment is processed.
- Ensure programme staff are advised on procurement lead times to ensure smooth implementation of the activities.
- Assist location team in ensuring all procured items are delivered into storage and
- proper delivery and receipt documents are processed;
- Facilitate supplier’s payment processes and documentations for audit trails;
- Ensures all procurement and supply requirements are procured and delivered in accordance with timescales set and agreed with the requesting departments/projects.
- Ensure appropriate documentation, tracking and filing of all procurement activities by following standard procedures and guidelines of SOS CVZ to ensure traceability of all documents and expenses;
- Establish and maintain excellent communication links between the Program Location and the National Office to ensure appropriate and regular information flow on all requests received as well as to ensure that the requester get the right items, at the right time and at the right place;
- Assist in supplier selection according to the agreed criteria by supporting the procurement team;
- Assist in developing and updating Project Procurement plan/ Tracker and maintain as live document for consultation with program locations;
- Updates and maintains the fixed assets registers for the SOS Children’s Village Programme Location and conduct quarterly reviews.
- Schedules and ensures that vehicles in the Programme location are properly maintained, in liaison with National Office Transport Supervisor
- Assists in making accommodation, Flight bookings or other arrangements for guests, SOS Children’s Villages staff or other visitors.
- Assists with the organization of special functions
- Ensures the maintenance of the entire programme grounds and buildings as well- organized offices, ensuring cleanliness and good order
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Purchasing & Supply Management, Business Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain;
- At least 2 years of experience working in supplies, procurement, logistics co-ordination and Administrative support functions;
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel); Good interpersonal skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills Purchasing, negotiation and planning skills (e.g. inquiry/negotiation/ e-commerce, PO issuing, commercial agreements/contracts, work planning etc.);
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently; Proven experience working in a team
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks with overlapping goals and objectives
- Adaptable and flexible; responsive and resourceful in a fast-paced, quick-turn business model.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, within and outside the organisation, develop effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results.
- Demonstrates initiative and enterprise and supports others to work more effectively
- Understands and SOS CV social, ethical and organisational standards and responsibilities in all interactions
- Willingness to travel to and be posted in any of the three SOS program locations according to programming requirements.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and program activity locations. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and copies of academic certificates.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the position being applied to in the subject line of the email.
Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
Candidates can indicate their preferred program location, however you should be willing to placed and work in any of the SOS Programme Locations.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.
Deadline: 14 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
SOS Children's Villages Zimbabwe
Established in 1949, SOS Children's Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children's Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International - a worldwide children's social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.