Procurement Officer (x3)
Applications are invited from suitably and qualified candidates to apply.
Reports to: Procurement Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures adherence and compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (Chap 22:23) and the General Regulations (S.I 5 of 2018) to achieve transparency, openness, fairness, competition and value for money:
- Prepares of the Annual procurement and Individual plans in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of PublicAssets Act.
- Advises Head Procurement Management Unit/ Manager on the company's compliance with laws and regulations through the production of detailed reports.
- Advises user departments on appropriate procurement methods.
- Prepares Bidding Documents in compliance with provisions of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (PPDPA)Act.
- Designs specifications and the evaluation criteria in liaison with the user departments.
- Manages the bidding processes, including tender adverts, issuing of bidding documents, pre-bid meetings/site visits, tender clarifications and the receiptand tender openings.
- Manages the evaluation of bids in line with the stipulated evaluation criteria.
- Debriefs bidders and any post-qualification negotiations required.
- Prepares contract award recommendations.
- Processes Request for Quotation (RFQs) and ad hoc procurement requirements in line with the annual procurement plan.
- Sources for quotations and making recommendations on the best supplier for goods, services and works on comparative schedules and negotiate prices and terms with suppliers.
- Advises Head Procurement Management Unit/ Manager of market conditions affecting the Supply Chain.
- Furnishes the Head Procurement Management Unit/ Manager with input for formulating, reviewing and updating procurement policies for the organisation.
- Manages frequent/stock-line procurements that are under the Framework Agreements profile.
- Prepares Procurement Returns for submission to PRAZ and other internal reports as assigned.
- Facilitates departmental quality assurance systems and ensuring compliance.
- Prepares of monthly, quarterly and yearly Procurement Reports in line with PRAZ and other internal guidelines.
- Appraises suppliers and evaluates suppliers in accordance with the procurement policy and manual and the net standards.
- Conducts performance appraisals for Procurement Officers.
- Resolves supply chain disputes and conflicts.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Procurement Management / Supply Chain Management or equivalent from a recognized institution or Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply Professional Diploma (GIPS, Level 6).
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply / Zimbabwe Institute of Procurement & Supply membership is an added advantage.
- At least four (4) years' working experience in Public Procurement / Supply Chain field of which two (2) years should have been at supervisory level.
- Knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act [Cap 22:23] is a distinct advantage
- Clean employment record.
- Clean driver's licence.
- Knowledge of Pastel / SAP is an added advantage.
- Highly computer literate.
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates should submit their application letters with detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates to:
The Human Resources and Admin Director
Airports Company of Zimbabwe (Private) Limited
3rd level, International Building
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply for all positions
Deadline: 10 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Airports Company Of Zimbabwe (Private) Limited
CAAZ manages and develops eight airports in Zimbabwe, offering direct and fast access to the country's tourist resort areas. R G Mugabe International Airport is an international gateway into the capital city of Harare, the hub of commercial activity in the country.