Project Manager: Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project, (KDRP) Plunge Pool
The Authority is seeking a highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean national to fill the vacant position of Project Manager - KDRP, Plunge Pool under the Projects and Dam Management Services Department to be based at Kariba Project Site.
Responsible for the effective management of the activities in respect of the Plunge Pool Reshaping Works Contract under the Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project at the Project site by ensuring that all communication interfaces and works interactions between the Authority and all stakeholders, primarily Contractors and Consultants, the Supervising Engineer and Power Utilities are well coordinated in order to minimize interruptions in the running of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager - Projects, the incumbent will carry out the following Key Job Responsibilities:
- Directing and managing the development of the Plunge Pool Reshaping works phases under the KDRP from the beginning to the end.
- Defining the Plunge Pool Reshaping works contract's scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Executive Management and stakeholders.
- Developing the full-scale Plunge Pool Reshaping works contract's plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicating expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Continuous liaising with project stakeholders in respect of the Plunge Pool Reshaping Works Contract.
- Estimating the resources and participants needed in order to achieve project goals.
- Drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Negotiating with other departmental managers for the acquisition of the required human resource from within the Authority where necessary.
- Determining and assessing the need for additional employees and/or consultants and making the appropriate recommendations, if necessary, during the project cycle.
- Setting and continually managing the project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegating tasks and responsibilities to appropriate employees.
- Identifying and resolving issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identifying and managing the project dependencies and the critical path.
- Planning and scheduling the project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Tracking the project milestones and deliverables.
- Developing and delivering progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determining the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyzing results, and troubleshooting problem areas. Proactively managing changes in the project scope, identifying potential crises and devising contingency plans.
- Defining the project success criteria and disseminating them to concerned parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising the project team members and contractors and influencing them to take positive actions and accountability for their assigned work.
- Interacting with Cooperating Partners and relevant Government Institutions in order to ensure effective management of the project.
- Convening weekly project meetings with developers in order to track the project progress.
- Performing any other duties within the scope of the job as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Five (5) '0' Levels with "Cs" or better including English, Mathematics and any Science subject.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent Relevant Post Graduate qualification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Membership of a Professional Body Six (6) years of relevant experience of which at least five (5) years should be at middle Management level.
- Experience in driving for at least two (2) years and a holder of a valid Driver's License.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Operational effectiveness.
- Influence and interpersonal effectiveness Innovative.
- Effective communication skills.
How to Apply
Written application letters together with detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates and Driver's License should be forwarded to:
Senior Manager -Human Resource and Administration,
Zambezi River Authority,
P.O. Box 630,
4th Floor, Club Chambers, Corner N. Mandela/3rd Street, OR Pvt Bag 2001, Administration Block, 21 Lake Drive, Kariba.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. In a quest to ensure that the Authority achieves one of its strategic goals regarding Workplace Gender Equity and Equality, female candidates are encouraged to APPLY.
Deadline: 27 February 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zambezi River Authority
The Zambezi River Authority is a corporation jointly and equally owned by the governments of Zambia and Zimbabwe. It is a governed by a four-person council consisting of the Ministers of Energy and Finance of each country. Its primary function is to operate and maintain the Kariba Dam on the Zambezi River.