The Research Assistant will be working for a multi-centre clinical study to evaluate the feasibility and performance of the Genital InFlammation Test (GIFT) – Comparing a novel point-of-care (POC) cytokine biomarker lateral flow test - with nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) for detection of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and Nugent scoring for bacterial vaginosis (BV). The Research Assistant will be responsible for the recruitment of eligible participants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Screening eligible participants.
- Consent eligible individuals into the GIFT study.
- Follow up on participants who test positive and require treatment.
- Making sure all commodities are available for use on site every morning.
- Doing completeness checks and making sure that all data is submitted daily.
- Attend meetings with the study team.
- Follow protocol and standard operating procedures.
- Complete all study forms.
- Carry out other tasks necessary to the post, as determined by the study coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree/diploma in social sciences, psychology, or any related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to discuss sensitive HIV, SRH and other sensitive issues with people .
- Previous research experience is required.
- Able to work under minimal supervision .
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving and record-keeping skills.
How to Apply
email@example.com, clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.and Complete the Application Form then submit your cv, certificates and application letter via email to:
- OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
- OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
- While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. If you do not receive any communication within a month from the date of closing, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Deadline: 14 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
OPHID is a Zimbabwean organization that develops & implements approaches towards the provision of quality HIV prevention, care & treatment services.
Address: 20 Cork Rd, Harare
Phone: (024) 2700607