Sales and Marketing Manager
The Sales and Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and executing strategic sales and marketing plans to enable Namene Solar Zimbabwe to grow and expand the distribution and sales of Namene products to our customers. This is to be accomplished through the marketing and promotion of Namene products in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones. Reporting to: Country Manager
The Sales and Marketing Manager will need to have hands-on experience with regional awareness campaigns and advertising projects. Ultimately, they will develop and drive campaigns that will build and maintain a strong, consistent Namene brand through a wide range of awareness campaigns and marketing and sales channels for the sale of both subsidized products (from the carbon project) and unsubsidized products (commercial sales).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with head office marketing and business development (sales) teams to align in-country marketing strategies with global brand marketing and communication.
- Increasing brand awareness and market share of Namene products by overseeing branding, advertising, and promotional campaigns.
- Conduct Market research for new and existing products.
- Develop and secure potential B2B commercial sales of unsubsidised products through key distributors, corporate sponsors, CSI initiatives, etc.
- Promote Namene’s solar lights and other products in schools, communities, open markets and events through awareness campaigns and advertisements.
- Organize and coordinate regional marketing and awareness campaigns in schools, community centers and remote communities in Zimbabwe.
- Travel to the regions to work face to face with the regional sales team in setting up awareness and advertising campaigns.
- Coordinate marketing strategies within country operations, sales, and finance teams.
- Develop and manage the in-country marketing budget, preparation and presentation of weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to senior management.
- Coordinating with the regional sales team and developing regional awareness staff by providing information and conducting marketing training to ensure product and brand growth opportunities in the regions.
- Direct the recruitment of local sales and brand Ambassadors as may be needed from time to time.
- Maintains a database of marketing information, that provides short- and long-term market forecasts reports, and direct marketing strategies so Namene can focus our sales efforts on when our clients will have disposable income.
- Maintain a relationship with customers by organizing and developing specific customer-relations programs and ensuring company presence at community conventions, monthly and annual meetings, along with a presence at regional agricultural and trade shows.
- Keeping informed, and abreast of current and new marketing strategies and trends.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum degree level qualification.
- Substantial experience in a sales and marketing role, with a desire for experience in the solar industry.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and measuring Return on Investment
- Experience in marketing and selling fast moving consumer goods and products to rural last-mile communities.
- Experience in setting up and optimizing awareness campaigns, community outreach programs, sales in communities and marginalized sectors of society.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing teams.
- Developing marketing databases, and using email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Proficient in market research and statistical analysis.
- Familiar with financial planning and strategy.
- Solid knowledge of marketing analytics tools.
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools.
- Fluent in English [written and spoken].
- Fluency in at least one indigenous language would be an asset.
- Self-motivating and customer focused.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite [Word, Power Point].
- High Proficiency in Excel.
- Valid driver's licence.
How to Apply
Deadline: 20 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Namene Solar Light Company Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Yingli Namene Solar Ltd., produces and distributes one of the most affordable, high-quality entry-level pico-solar lights, the SM100, to people worldwide that live without access to electricity. Namene Solar's innovative carbon offsetting solar project is the first of its kind in Zambia and it's lights cut carbon emissions.