Five things you probably did not know about Rumbidzai Takawira (News Bae)
6 years agoWed, 11 Jan 2017 04:29:38 GMT
Newsreader, Rumbidzai Takawira (also known as News Bae) celebrates her birthday today. Here are five interesting facts about her:
- She was born Rumbidzai Blessing Takawira was born on 11 January 1990 to Simba and Faresi Takawira in Harare
- Rumbidzai started her career by making announcements for rugby games at the former COTTCO Rugby Festival (now Dairibord Zimbabwe Rugby Festival) between 2010 and 2012 and was then persuaded by her father to get into broadcasting.
- She would then proceed to the national broadcaster, ZBC and audition proving to be successful and landing the job. After training she would start out on radio, and a couple of months later would then fill in for someone on Good Morning Zimbabwe, a morning show.
- Rumbi has practiced Karate and has a 5th kyu yellow senior belt
- She was named one of the 50 most influential young Zimbabweans in 2014
You can read more on news bae HERE