93% Of $905 Million Education Budget Goes Towards Employment Costs
Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Education and Sport acting chairperson Kenneth Musanhi told the National Assembly recently that at least 93% of the $905 million allocated to the Primary and Secondary Education ministry in this year’s national budget will go towards employment costs.
The report presented by Musanhi reads:
The Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education is directly responsible for one-third of the population’s education in Zimbabwe, yet the budget does not seem to show that responsibility. If you look at the budget that was allocated to the Primary and Secondary Education ministry, you find that 93% of the budget is going towards the employment payments, leaving 7% of the budget for capital expenditure.