Full Text: Zanu-PF Politburo Releases Rules and Regulations To Govern Primary Elections
Zanu-PF Politburo met today for an extraordinary session where it decided on the rules and regulations that will govern the conduct of primary elections for potential candidates in the forthcoming harmonised elections.
Zanu-PF secretary for information and publicity Simon Khaya Moyo said:
In the Provinces, all those who wish to stand for primaries should present their names to the Provinces. whose role is to scrutinize the names and forward the same to the ZANU PF Elections Commission including names of those the Province may not have approved, for further scrutiny.Feedback
The Zanu-PF Elections Commission will be made of members appointed by the party’s President and First Secretary Emmerson Mnangagwa.
Read the full press statement below:
Usanetseke neNetOne airtime.
Baya *405# utenge neEcoCash
PRESS STATEMENT BY ZANU PF SECRETARY FOR INFORMATION AND PUBLICITY SK MOYO ON THE OCASSION OF THE EXTRAORDINARY SESSION OF THE POLITBURO
1. His Excellency The President and First Secretory of ZANU PF Cde E.D Mnangagwa welcomed members of the Politburo to the Session and wished the meeting successful deliberations.
2. The National Chairperson of the Party Cde OCZ Muchinguri-Kashiri presented to the Politburo a comprehensive report on the Regalia well as the Party Manifesto, which the Politburo debated on and appreciated.
3. The Secretary for Finance, Cde PA Chinamasa who is Acting Secretary for Administration presented on behalf of The Secretary for Legal Affairs Cde P M Mangwana a comprehensive report on “Rules and Regulations” to govern the conduct of Primary Elections. These guidelines regulate the conduct of Party Primary Elections in the election of Candidates to represent ZANU PF in both Local Authority and Parliamentary elections.
4. There shall be a ZANU PF Elections Commission whose members shall be appointed by the President and First Secretary for their skill, experience or competence and for their integrity, probity. loyalty and commitment to the Party. There will be regulations on how the commission will conduct Primary Elections.
In the Provinces, all those who wish to stand for primaries should present their names to the Provinces. whose role is to scrutinize the names and forward the same to the Commission including names of those the Province may not have approved, for further scrutiny.
5. There shall be a Provincial Elections Directorate whose composition and functions are clearly spelt out in the Party Constitution Details of all these Processes will be communicated to all Provinces In due course by the Notional Political Commissar who also chairs the Elections Commission.
6. The National Political Commissar Cde E Rugeje gave a detailed Commissariat Roadmap. His Excellency the President and First Secretary Cde ED Mnangagwa will be visiting Matabeleland North Province this coming Friday. This follows an earlier successful visit to Mashonaland Central Province.
7. The Commissariat department is rolling out Party programmes through Presidential Tours designed to meet and introduce His Excellency President ED Mnangagwa to the people. These tours are also linked to Economic activities taking place in the different areas as part of our 100 Day “Quick-Win” strategy.
Leave a CommentGenerate a Whatsapp Message
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals