HomeGeneral

Mega Deals: State Media Apologises For Incorrect Information, Says No Billion Dollar Mega Deals Were Signed

6 years agoThu, 03 May 2018 10:50:01 GMT
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Mega Deals: State Media Apologises For Incorrect Information, Says No Billion Dollar Mega Deals Were Signed

The state-owned publication, The Herald, has apologised for publishing stories in which it claimed that billion-dollar deals had been signed in the tourism sector. The Herald said that only a Memorandum of Understanding for the exchange of information and collaboration had been signed. The apology which appeared in the paper’s edition of Tuesday 1 May reads:

On the 7th and 20th of April this year we published stories to the effect that Touchroad International Holdings Group signed deals worth billions of dollars in the tourism sector. It has come to our attention that no such deals were signed.

In fact, the Government of Zimbabwe and Touchroad International Holdings Group signed a Memorandum of Understanding for tourism and hospitality industry investment projects.

The purpose of the MoU was to establish a practical framework for the development of stronger cooperation relations between the two parties and to set forth the procedures of cooperation for the expansion of tourism and hospitality industry investment relations between Zimbabwe and China, strengthening of institutional relations and capacity building through mutual cooperation. They agreed to exchange information, collaboration, among other things. Any inconvenience caused to Touchroad International Holdings is sincerely regretted.

Latest Samsung Galaxy A05s available on Pindula:
128GB storage, 6GB RAM

$148 USD

WhatsApp +263715068543

Tags

0 Comments

Leave a Comment


Generate a Whatsapp Message

Buy Phones on Credit.

More Deals
Feedback