Full Text: ZRP Approves Zanu-PF's Planned "Peaceful March" Scheduled For Tomorrow
The Zimbabwe Republic Police has approved Zanu-PF’s planned demonstration, termed the “Peaceful March” which is scheduled for tomorrow. Zanu-PF had initially scheduled the march to counter the MDC Alliance’s protest over electoral reforms but was denied permission by the police.
We publish the letter from the ZRP in full below
RE: NOTIFICATION TO HOLD PEACEFUL MARCH BY ZANU PF HARARE PROVINCE YOUTH LEAGUEFeedback
1. The above subject matter is pertinent.
2. Your notification letter to hold a march on the 06th, of June 2018 at Robert Mugabe Square, from 1000hours to 1500hours in solidarity with the President’s call for peace before, during and after the 2018 Harmonised General Elections has been noted.
Usanetseke neNetOne airtime.
Baya *405# utenge neEcoCash
3. However. I regret to advise that you may not proceed past, Munhumutopa building for security reasons. Therefore you shall proceed along this route:
• From Robert Mugabe Square march along Rekayi Tangwena road,
• turn right into Samora Machel Avenue,
• turn right into Julius Nyerere Way,
• turn right into Jason Moyo,
• left into Rotten Row,
• turn right it Robert Mugabe Rood and back to Robert Mugabe Square where you shall be addressed by your leadership.
4. Please confine your march to the above-stated venue, route and time outlined. Police will Monitor.
5. Your co-operation with the Police and other Government agents will be greatly appreciated.
6. The provisions of section 29 of the Public Order and Security Act Chapter 11:17 will be invoked if any of the conditions stated above, is violated.
6. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
[NCUBE A.] Chief Superintendent
Officer Commanding Police
HARARE CENTRAL DISTRICT
Leave a CommentGenerate a Whatsapp Message
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals