Hwange Thermal Power Station Expansion Underway4 years ago
The Hwange Thermal Power Station expansion project is underway, a Herald article has revealed. The article also reports that about 10% of the project has so far been completed. An amount of US$1,2 billion is the initial estimated budget for the project.
Mr Yifeng Wu, the chief representative of Sinohydro in Zimbabwe indicated that the project is now being implemented well and is on schedule.
Sinohydro, the contracted company, has been collaborating with ZPC to review and approve the project designs and construction drawings.
Mr Wu further revealed that the essentials of the project have already been covered. He further indicated that the procurement of fundamental equipment to the project has been completed.
The project, from initiation to completion, is expected to create employment to hundreds of people. A Herald article further reveals that the implementation of the project started in August 2018.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
- Hwange Power Expansion Project Begins In Earnest
- Temba Mliswa Accused Of Demanding $400 000 Bribe From Hwange Colliery Potential Investor
- ZPC To Invest $510 Million On Hwange Thermal Power Plant Rehabilitation
- ZESA To Recruit 100 Workers For Hwange Thermal Power Station Expansion Project
- Hwange Colliery Shareholders Fume Over Govt Decision To Put Company Under Reconstruction