APPLY: ZBC Inviting Applications For CEO Post3 years ago
ZBC News is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the Chief Executive Officer that has arisen at Pockets Hill, Harare. We present some of the important information for the post as advertised by ZBC News.
Key Result Areas
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the incumbent will be responsible for the following among others: –
• Advising the board and government on critical developments in the Broadcasting industry.
• Leading, in conjunction with the Board, the development of the Corporation’s strategy to maximize shareholder value and enhance the positioning of the Corporation.
• Providing leadership on the implementation of the Corporation’s strategic direction, vision and mission to maximize shareholder value and enhance the positioning of the Corporation.
• Ensuring the Corporation is appropriately organized and staffed to achieve the approved strategy.
• Establishing the parameters for expanding the range of programs and services and for introducing new technologies and broadcasting platforms in the business.
• Designing and reviewing core business processes and creating new customer segments, service charters and programming and service offerings with a view of increasing market share and continually improving profitability and service delivery.
• Providing operational advice to the Board in identifying and reviewing options for investment in the business.
• Assessing the principal risks of the Corporation and ensuring that these risks are being monitored and managed.
• Ensuring effective internal controls and management information systems are in place.
• Ensuring that the Corporation has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically.
• Ensuring that the Corporation maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business.
• Reviewing and reporting to the Board, the performance levels and progress with regards to the business plan, business activities, benchmarks, operating targets amongst and other key performance indicators;
• Ensuring the integrity of all public disclosures by the Corporation.
• In liaison with the Chairman, developing Board agendas.
• Establishing policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for all functions/business units in the Corporation and
• Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time.Feedback
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and attributes:
• A minimum qualification of either a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or Business Studies, Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Telecoms or Broadcasting Engineering Bachelor of Arts in Journalism or Media Studies and Communication or an equivalent is required.
• A holder of a post graduate degree such as a Masters in Business Administration, Masters Strategic Planning and Policy implementation, Masters of Arts in Journalism, Masters of Arts in Media Studies and Communications or equivalent is required.
• A minimum of 7 years’ similar work experience, 5 years of which should have been at a senior managerial level preferably in the Mass Media and Broadcasting Industry.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications with comprehensive CVs, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications by not later than 6 December 2019 to:
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
The Board Chairman
Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation
P.O. Box HG 444
Or email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
More: ZBC News
Leave a CommentGenerate a Whatsapp Message
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals