Lockdown Tip: Use EcoCash To Buy NetOne Airtime Without Leaving Your House
As we get into the second week of the COVID-19 Lockdown extension, being connected to the internet for updates remains important. It is also important to be able to communicate on WhatsApp with friends and family with whom we’re not locked down in the same place.
Being able to buy airtime is one of the most important things during this period. Under a lockdown, it is quite literally the only way to remain connected.
Using EcoCash, you can now buy airtime from NetOne and Telecel online as well as via WhatsApp. This means you don’t have to leave your home buy airtime.
Buying airtime online:
- Go to buyairtime.co.zw
- Enter the Number to be Recharged (this can be any number you want. Doesn’t have to be the one you have on you)
- Enter the amount. You can enter any amount from 50 cents going up
- Enter the EcoCash number. This is the number that will make payment. You need to have the EcoCash phone on you as you’ll be required to enter the pin
- Click on Buy. Once you do, the EcoCash prompt for a pin will appear on the phone.
- When you enter the pin, the number will be recharged
Usanetseke neNetOne airtime.
Baya *405# utenge neEcoCash
Buying airtime via WhatsApp
You can also use EcoCash to buy NetOne and Telecel airtime on WhatsApp. This is quite handy for those times when all you have are WhatsApp bundles and are unable to connect to the web.
Here are the easy steps:
- Save this number in your phone +263 71 481 5229. You can name it Airtime Bot
- Once saved, go to WhatsApp and open a chat with that number
- Send it the request to buy in the following format:
Amount#Number to recharge#EcoCash numbere.g 3#O714815229#O772888999
- Once you enter this request, you will get a prompt for a pin on your EcoCash phone.
- Enter the pin and the airtime will be recharged momentarily.