Banket Hospital Pharmacy And Store Room Gutted By Fire
Banket Hospital was yesterday gutted by fire, The Herald reports. Medical supplies and drugs worth thousands of dollars were reportedly lost in the inferno.
The cause of the fire is still to be determined but it is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault that might have been caused by an explosion of alcohol-based sanitisers inside the warehouse according to the publication.
The unfortunate incident was confirmed by Zvimba South MP Philip Chiyangwa who said:
The fire has destroyed thousand of drugs, medical supplies and infrastructure worth thousands of dollars
Patients that were admitted at the hospital have reportedly been transferred to Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital.
More: The Herald