5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About SB Moyo
The late Foreign Affairs and international trade Minister Sibusiso Busi Moyo who succumbed to COVID-19 today became famous for announcing the coup that toppled Robbert Mugabe from power in 2017. Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about the late SB Moyo
- He was the husband to Justice Loice Matanda Moyo who is the Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission ZACC Chairlady.
- Moyo was born in 1960 at the Mnene Mission Hospital in Mberengwa, He was the third child in a family of 8.
- Moyo reportedly joined the liberation struggle which ended when he was just 20 at a very young age, rising through the ranks till he became a major general in the Zimbabwe National Army before retiring to join active politics.
- Moyo held 2 Masters’ Degrees, a Master in International Relations Degree from the University of Zimbabwe and an MBA from ZOU. He also held a Ph.D. in International relations from the University of Zimbabwe.
- Moyo was nicknamed “General Bae” after he announced the coup that subsequently ended Robert Mugabe’s 37 years of Mugabe’s reign.