Four Die After Consuming Poisoned Food2 years ago
Police are investigating the death of four family members residing at village 3A Mushaviri in Gutu district who were found dead on Saturday morning in a suspected case of food poisoning.
The four were found dead with vomit coming out from their mouths and nostrils. Two dogs also died in the incident.
Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) National Spokesperson, Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi confirmed the incident. He said:
The ZRP is investigating a case of suspected food poisoning which occurred on 17/04/21, at Village 3A Mushaviri, Gutu, where 4 family members and two dogs were found dead with vomits coming out of their mouths and nostrils.
Meanwhile, bodies of the victims were conveyed to Gutu General Hospital awaiting Post-moterm.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
Meanwhile, the deceased people have been identified as Gamuchirai Guta aged 90, Tawanda Murova aged 34, Eunice Gozhore aged 69 and Jacob Ziracha aged 18.
They were found dead at their homestead by a neighbour called Salimu Kadanda who reported the matter to the police.