Zimbabwe Weather Report And Forecast: 15 – 17 May 2021
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 15 MAY 2021 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 17 MAY 2021.
Clear skies dominated much of the country yesterday, resulting in cold morning conditions with slight ground frost occurring at Matopos, Gweru, Henderson, Marondera and Nyanga.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SUNDAY 16 MAY 2021
Predominantly sunny and cold morning conditions with a slight ground frost in areas such as Matopos, Gweru, Henderson, Nyanga, Mukandi and Chivhu are expected countrywide. It will be warm by afternoon.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
- Slight ground frost may affect horticultural crops such as tomatoes.
- Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the health of all persons, however persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, young children tend to be more vulnerable.
- Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay fever, colds and flu tend to be common during this period due to cold mornings and evening.
- Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Winter is at hand; thus keeping warm is essential for everyone, especially vulnerable members of society.
- The use of braziers or open fires to keep warm should be done under adult supervision, and in a well-ventilated space to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning/suffocation.
- For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments, please consult your local health practitioner.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly sunny and warm||13||33|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny and warm||15||31|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Sunny and warm||09||30|
|NYANGA:||Mostly sunny and warm||08||23|
|VUMBA:||Mostly sunny and warm||09||25|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly sunny and warm||06||29|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly sunny and warm||10||26|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR MONDAY 17 MAY 2012
Clear skies and cold morning conditions with slight to a moderate ground frost in susceptible places (Matopos, Gweru, Henderson, Chivhu, Nyanga and Mukandi) are expected in most areas.
It will be mild by afternoon. However, freshening winds should start affecting the southern areas (Matabeleland South, southern areas of Midlands, Masvingo and southern part of Manicaland) by afternoon.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection