Zimbabwe Weather Report And Forecast: 06 – 08 May 20212 years ago
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 06 JUNE 2021 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 08 JUNE 2021.
Cold and windy conditions were experienced across the country. However, it was cloudy in Masvingo, Manicaland, Matabeleland South, and southern parts of the Midlands.
Slight ground frost occurred at Mukandi, Masvingo, Chipinge and Mutoko this morning. Meanwhile, the high-pressure system over the southeast coast of South Africa is weakening.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW MONDAY 07 JUNE 2021
Briefly cloudy, windy and cold conditions with some light morning drizzle are expected in Masvingo, Manicaland, Bulawayo Metropolitan; southern parts of Midlands and Matabeleland South, becoming less cloudy and mild by the afternoon.
The rest of the country (northern areas of Midlands, Matabeleland North, all Mashonaland Provinces and Harare Metropolitan) should be mostly sunny and mild with some light breeze, though cold in the morning and evening.
Slight ground frost is most probable in some areas (Henderson, Marondera, Mutoko and Nyanga).
- Cold conditions may affect the health of all persons, however persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, young children tend to be more vulnerable.
- Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay fever, colds and flu tend to be common during winter.
- Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry and some crops.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep warm, especially towards evening and early morning, where possible stay at home.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm.
- For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments, please consult your local health practitioner Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES (°C)
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly sunny and mild, though cold in the morning||08||23|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny and mild, though cold in the morning||14||28|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Briefly cloudy and cold||08||20|
|NYANGA:||Briefly cloudy and cold||04||15|
|VUMBA:||Briefly cloudy and cold||07||17|
|MATOPOS:||Briefly cloudy and cold||06||20|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Briefly cloudy and cold||08||17|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR TUESDAY 08 JUNE 2021
Mostly sunny and warmer than of late conditions are expected countrywide during the day. It will be cold in the morning and evening.
Ground frost is expected in frost-prone areas (Matopos, Gweru, Chivhu, Henderson, Marondera, Mukandi and Nyanga).
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH the Department of Civil Protection.