HomeCrime and Courts

Court Operations Further Suspended

2 years agoFri, 20 Aug 2021 06:46:47 GMT
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Court Operations Further Suspended

Chief Justice Luke Malaba has ordered all courts to further postpone pending criminal and civil matters to next Tuesday following the extension of the COVID-19 Level 4 lockdown by President Emmerson Mnangagwa last week.

Courts were set to resume full operations on Thursday. The filing of new cases, process, documents, pleading and papers was suspended on 29 July in line with the COVID-19 regulations.

In a statement issued on court operations yesterday, Malaba said all cases that had been set down from today to 24 August will be rolled over to September. He said:

All court operations previously suspended from the 29th of July up to the 19th of August are further suspended to the 24th of August 2021 on the same conditions stated in Practice Direction 7 of 2021.

Any act required by the rules to have been done during the period of the lockdown within a specified period of time shall be done within the specified time limited calculated from the 24th of August 2021.

Usanetseke neNetOne airtime.

Baya *405# utenge neEcoCash

This practice direction takes effect from the 20th of August and shall remain in effect until the expiry of the extended lockdown period.

More: Chronicle

Tags

0 Comments

Leave a Comment


Generate a Whatsapp Message

Buy Phones on Credit.

More Deals
Feedback