Zimbabwe Weather Report & Forecast: 14 To 16 November 20211 year ago
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 14 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 16 NOVEMBER 2021.
Isolated light thundershowers were experienced in northern parts of Matabeleland South, Matabeleland North, Masvingo, Midlands, Harare Metropolitan, Manicaland and all Mashonaland.
The only significant falls were in Guruve 17mm and Kwekwe 9mm. Meanwhile, temperatures remained in the hot category.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW MONDAY 15 NOVEMBER 2021
Isolated light thundershowers are expected in the northern parts of Mashonaland West and Mashonaland East provinces, while southern parts of Mashonaland and Manicaland provinces, Harare Metropolitan, Midlands, north of Masvingo and Bulawayo Metropolitan provinces should be mostly sunny though chances of afternoon outbreaks of thunderstorms cannot be ruled out since the atmosphere remains humid.
Cloudy conditions with fresh southeasterly winds are expected in the Sothern most parts of Matabeleland South and Masvingo Provinces.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- Strong winds may be destructive in places
- Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals, with cooler conditions over much of the country.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
- If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 20/38)
- Kariba: Hot and humid with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 25/39)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers (Temperatures – 18/32)
- Nyanga: Partly cloudy and warm – 14/25)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers (Temperatures – 14/25)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 16/33)
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers (Temperatures – 17/25)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR TUESDAY 16 NOVEMBER 2021
The whole country is expected to be mostly sunny with cool conditions in the morning becoming warm to very hot as the day progresses.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
Chances of light afternoon showers cannot be ruled out as well in some areas.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department