Zimbabwe Weather Report And Forecast 18 - 20 May 20221 year ago
The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has released a weather report and forecast for the period 18 – 20 May 2022. Pindula News presents the report and forecast below:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 18 MAY 2022 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 20 MAY 2022.
Matabeleland South, Masvingo, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern districts of Mashonaland East (Marondera), and Manicaland provinces were mostly cloudy with light rain and drizzle this morning. The rest of the country had partly cloudy conditions and cold morning conditions. Slight frost was observed in Nyanga and surrounding areas. Meanwhile, a cloud band is affecting the western parts of the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, THURSDAY 19 MAY 2022
Brief cloudy and warm conditions are expected in parts of Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands and Masvingo Provinces. Harare Metropolitan, Manicaland, Matabeleland North and all Mashonaland Provinces should have mostly clear skies and mild in the remaining areas, Slight ground frost is probable in Nyanga, Mukandi, Henderson and Chivhu.
• A decrease in temperature affects the body’s health, with common colds, influenza and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
• Nights, when the sky is clear, are actually much colder than those where cloudy conditions persist.
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
• Ground frost is probable in areas such as Nyanga.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Dress appropriately to keep warm and ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm.
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustments made.
• Farmers in areas prone to ground frost should undertake frost prevention measures such as overhead irrigation of crops usually at night /early in the morning.
• Construct fire guards that are at least 9 metres wide and free from any debris or combustible matter (anything that can burn).
• It is illegal to start veldt fire/uncontrolled burning of open fields.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
Min tomorrow 11 12 14 11 11 08 09 12 07 12 08 12 Max tomorrow 23 22 22 25 26 27 25 27 28 28 23 25
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
CENTRE Details TEMPERATURE: Min Max VICTORIA FALLS: Cloudy and warm 15 26 KARIBA: Cloudy and warm 15 29 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Sunny and warm 09 25 NYANGA: Brief cloudy and warm 07 22 VUMBA: Brief cloudy and warm 08 23 MATOPOS: Cloudy and warm 11 22 CHIMANIMANI: Brief cloudy and warm 09 23
WEATHER FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 20 MAY 2022;
Mostly clear skies and cold morning conditions are expected over much of the country with a chance of ground frost in areas such as Nyanga, Mukandi, Henderson, Chivhu and Matopos. It should become mild by afternoon in most areas with Matabeleland North and Matabeleland South becoming cloudy. An odd shower is probable.