Finance Minister Mthuli Ncube Announces Measures To Cushion Teachers
Finance and Economic Development Minister, Professor Mthuli Ncube said the government has said the government will be introducing measures to cushion teachers from the biting economy.
Addressing a press conference this Monday in the capital, Ncube said the government is set to increase teachers’ salaries by 100 per cent beginning the 1st of July 2022. He said in addition, there will be some monetary and quasi-monetary benefits. These are:
• Restoration of Advancement awards;Feedback
• Payment of Performance awards which had been withheld due to financial constraints, have been restored and these will now be processed effective 1 July 2022. For this, members will now be placed on their correct employment grades;
• Payment of school fees for up to 3 biological children per teaching family; This benefit applies to teachers and payment will be made directly to schools and will be up to a prescribed limit per biological child. The limit is currently at ZW$20 000 per child per term and Treasury is ready to disburse the required amounts for the 1st term.
Usanetseke neNetOne airtime.
Baya *405# utenge neEcoCash
• Provision of 34 000 housing units as institutional accommodation for teachers To cushion teachers from the rising cost of accommodation, the Government has committed itself to provide 34 000 housing units within and outside school premises over a period of 5 years.
• Provision of transport facilities to ferry teachers in both rural and urban areas has already commenced. This is facilitated by existing structures under the Civil Service Bus Fund and Rural and Urban Mass Transport System.
Teachers have been demanding the restoration of the pre-October 2018 salaries that were in United States Dollars.
More: Pindula News is best enjoyed via the App. Download it here
Leave a CommentGenerate a Whatsapp Message
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals