Public Sector Workers' Unions Call For Nationwide Strikes Demanding "Restoration" Of USD Salaries
Public sector workers’ unions have called for nationwide strikes on July 27 and 28 demanding “restoration of the value of our wages to pre-October 2018 levels to be paid in USD and not in ZWL with immediate effect.” In a letter seen by Pindula News, unions told Labour and Social Welfare Minister, Professor Paul Mavima notifying him of their intended industrial action. Reads the letter:
Re: Notice of 2-Day Job Action
The Zimbabwe Confederation of Public Sector Trade Unions ( ZCP hereby notify your office of a planned 2-day job stoppage commencing on Wednesday 27 July 2022, ending on Thursday 28 July 2022. This follows the elapse of our 14day notice to your office which notice made demands on the employer, which to date have not been addressed. We wish to restate the demands as follows;
1. A restoration of the value of our wages to pre-October 2018 levels, to be paid in USD and not in ZWL with immediate effect.Feedback
2. A stop to the wave of suspensions, summary dismissals, illegal disallowances and victimization of teachers and nurses for exercising their constitutional right to organize and to a fair and reasonable wage. (see attached names)
3. The payment of a medical allowance to all civil servants without discrimination.
Usanetseke neNetOne airtime.
Baya *405# utenge neEcoCash
4. The employer should desist from the bashing of union leadership for exercising their representative roles as messengers of their voiceless membership.
5. The employer should speedily implement a.l collective agreements fully as in school fees payment for the children of educators, regarding and performance advancement.
6. A speedy alignment of the Labour law regime towards the establishment of a long overdue collective bargaining council.
We, therefore, advise accordingly
Leave a CommentGenerate a Whatsapp Message
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals