Ximex Mall Dealer Commits Suicide After Killing Ex-girlfriend

1 year agoSat, 30 Jul 2022 05:17:32 GMT
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Ximex Mall Dealer Commits Suicide After Killing Ex-girlfriend

The Harare Ximex Mall dealer, Boss Pangolin, real name Tafadzwa Murengwa, has reportedly committed suicide after he shot and killed his former girlfriend on Friday morning after she spurned his overtures for reconciliation.

The Herald reported police sources as saying Murengwa was found unconscious in Harare just after midnight locked in his vehicle after drinking an unknown poisonous substance.

Police officers took him to a local hospital where he died upon admission.

On Thursday, Murengwa caused a commotion in the city when he splashed US dollar notes on people in the streets while driving an unregistered Toyota Aqua vehicle before driving off.

Murengwa of Glen Lorne reportedly visited Ximex Mall on Thursday a few minutes after he was granted bail at the Harare Magistrates Court following his arrest on Wednesday.

Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel

Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v

He had been arrested for assaulting his girlfriend and the now deceased, Samantha Dzapata (28) of Waterfalls.

Murengwa was facing charges of domestic violence and threats of violence but was released out of custody on bail.

One of his close friends said, following his release, Murengwa also told Samantha that he wanted to kill her.

What happened?

Police said Murengwa shot his ex-lover Samantha along Simon Mazorodze Road near Bathroom Boutique around 9 AM on Friday.

According to ZimLive, Samantha, who worked in Beitbridge for the NGO, CeSHHAR had recently ended the four-year relationship.

In a 14-minute voice note recorded hours after the fatal shooting, Murengwa said he used to shower Samantha with expensive gifts while she indulged a married man in Beitbridge. He said:

We had issues with Samantha since January. I spoke to her mum and we started dating again after a few months.

The problems started again before we went to Victoria Falls for a holiday when she hung up on a video call from her lover. I confronted her but we went ahead with the trip after I forgave her.

We had another nasty fight after I realised she was still chatting with that guy and I hacked her phone. I confronted this man until Samantha decided to dump me for the guy.

Samantha dragged me to court and I was served with a peace order but I kept in touch with her and even bought her a car in Beitbridge just to show how much I loved her, while she was still seeing that man.

They both even told me to back off and I realised then that I had no chance. Today, I took Samantha’s belongings to her workplace.

I then went to Waterfalls where she was staying with her sister along Simon Mazorodze Road.

She started acting all funny, throwing stones around. I tried to reason with her until I became emotional and shot her while she was holding onto her sister.

In the same voice note, Murengwa apologised to his relatives and also outlined his plans. He said:

I’m sorry to all the Murengwa family for what I did. Now I’m in Bindura to meet someone. I’ll be crossing the border and starting a new life.

Samantha said she was emotionally and physically abused by Murengwa for a long time, according to a screenshot of a message she sent to one of Murengwa’s friends.

The message contains a photo Samantha took showing a fresh wound just above her right eye and a swollen lip. She told the person:

This is what your friend did to me when I told him that I am not able to settle with him because of his behaviour.

He abused me emotionally, he was controlling and manipulative.

When I prayed I asked God for signs before I make any plans. My spirit told me that he won’t change, and the marriage would be hell.

I decided to quit. So he attacked me in the face and head with the jack.

More: The Herald, ZimLive



Leave a Comment

Generate a Whatsapp Message

Buy Phones on Credit.

More Deals