Taonga Mushayavanhu Appointed Overall Head Of The President's Secretariat
In a statement seen by Pindula News, Dr Misheck Sibanda, the Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet (OPC) Ambassador Taonga Mushayavanhu takes over from Mr William Gwatiringa whose term of office expires on 31 March 2023. Reads the statement:
CHIEF SECRETARY TO THE PRESIDENT AND CABINET APPOINTMENT AS HEAD OF THE OVERALL HEAD OF PRESIDENT’S SECRETARIAT (PERMANENT SECRETARY GRADE 3) TO THE PRESIDENT IN THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT AND CABINET
1. His Excellency the President has, in terms of Section 205(1) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No. 20) Act 2013, approved the appointment of Ambassador Taonga Mushayavanhu as Overall Head of the President’s Secretariat (Permanent Secretary Grade 3) in the Office of the President and Cabinet.Feedback
2. Ambassador Taonga Mushayavanhu takes over from Mr William Gwatiringa, the Principal Private Secretary to the President, whose term of office expires on 31 March 2023.
3. Ambassador Mushayavanhu holds a Master’s Degree in Economic History from the University of Zimbabwe. He began his career as an administrative officer in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and moved steadily through the ranks as Deputy Director for Policy, Research and Development; Minister Counsellor and Head of Mission in the People’s Republic of China; Director for Africa, Asia and the Pacific; and Director for Multilateral Affairs in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Trade.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
4. Ambassador Mushayavanhu was ultimately elevated to the rank of Ambassador/Permanent Representative of the Republic of Zimbabwe to the United Nations Office, the World Trade Organisation, and other International Organisations in Vienna, Switzerland. In this capacity, Ambassador Mushayavanhu has also represented Zimbabwe on Committees on human rights, democracy, governance, disarmament, elimination of all forms of racial discrimination, and trade and development.
5. Ambassador Mushayavanhu subsequently served as Ambassador to the Federal Republic of Ethiopia, and Permanent Representative to the African Union and to the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa.
6. At the time of his appointment Ambassador Mushayavanhu was currently serving as the Chief Director, Multilateral Cooperation in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Trade.
7. Ambassador Mushayavanhu is an experienced Foreign Service Officer with excellent analytical, negotiation, drafting and effective communication skills. He is an excellent manager, coordinator and planner with very good interpersonal skills in a variety of working environments especially the public and diplomatic services. He also is knowledgeable in administration and financial management.
Leave a CommentGenerate a Whatsapp Message
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals