Chamisa Lists His "Achievements" As ICT Minister During GNU Era4 months ago
CCC leader Nelson Chamisa defended his record when he was the Minister of Information and Communication Technology from 2009 to 2013 during the Government of National Unity (GNU) era.
In a post on Twitter, Chamisa said he was privileged to have served the country as Minister of Information Communication Technology in the Inclusive Government and was ready to serve again in a different capacity.
A Twitter user, Nzekete AG then challenged Chamisa to reveal his achievements when he was ICT and not to mention “Nicholas Goche achievements.”
Goche was the Minister of Transport and Communication during the GNU era.
Responding to Nzekete AG, Chamisa said he introduced the Zimbabwe ICT policy framework, made ICT products cheaper and affordable, and removed duty on ICT products among other achievements. Chamisa wrote:
Are you a Civil Servant or Pensioner in Zimbabwe?
Get a smartphone 📱 on Zero Deposit. 24 hours to process.
- Zimbabwe ICT policy framework
- Cheaper and affordable ICT products
- Network rollout
- ZimComnect E-government project
- ICT Achievers Award
- Digital government
- Computerisation of rural schools
- Deployment of Universal Services Fund to underserved areas..network in remote communities
- IAPs and ISPs Policy Consultative round table
- Removal of duty on ICT products
- Capitalization of ICT companies
- Zarnet reorientation
- Training of government departments in ICTs
- PFMS flagship
More: Pindula News