Alpha Media Holdings (AMH) is a media company in Zimbabwe which publishes newspapers and internet publications. It is one of the 3 large media companies in Zimbabwe, the others being Zimpapers and Associated Newspapers of Zimbabwe (ANZ). AMH was founded and is currently owned by Trevor Ncube.
Its NewsDay publication is the most popular publication in Zimbabwe.
- Company acquires Strand MultiPrint to reduce costs of publishing
- Newsday is launched as a daily paper. It’s the first daily paper since 2003.
- AMH Conversations are launched as a platform to bring international experts to lead discussions on global, economic and political developments.
- AMH introduces MobiNews on the SMS platform with partners Econet Wireless, ZTE and Telecel.
- The Southern Eye, is launched in June as a regional paper focusing on the southern part of the country. The newspaper is eventually discontinued following business viability problems.