|Known for||Travelling on road from Cape Town to Cairo|
Alvin "Aluvah" Zhakata is a Zimbabwean nurse. In 2019, Zhakata travelled from Cape Town to Cairo by road. He travelled for 44 days covering 10,000km (6,200-miles) and passing through 8 countries.
Cape To Cairo Journey
The journey began on 27 May 2019 on a route passing through South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan and Egypt. He started off with his friend Botha Msila, a South African football fan, who lives near Cape Town, and they hitched lifts or caught buses.
The two were separated when Msila turned back at the Kenya-Ethiopian border as he could not get a visa. Ethiopia only allows online visa applications for travellers by road. Msila returned to Kenya. A South African broadcaster came to his rescue paying for a flight for him from Nairobi to Cairo.
Zhakata walked into Sudan where the security forces were out in force as protesters took to the streets of Khartoum on 30 June demanding an end to military rule. He was detained by police briefly and then released in what he calls a "shaking moment".
Alvin Zhakata arrived in Cairo, Egypt on Wednesday 10 July 2019 just six hours before South Africa played against Nigeria in their Total Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) Egypt 2019 quarter-final match.
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) paid Aluvah’s expenses, VVIP ticket and his flight home after the tournament. 
In January 2022, Alvin Zhakata was hospitalised in Yaounde, Cameroon after collapsing. He collapsed after the Malawi vs Morocco Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) finals match. Reports said Zhakata had been diagnosed with a heart condition and was awaiting a Confederation of African Football (CAF) medical official for further guidance.
- Steve Vickers, Trekking 10,000km across Africa for a football match, BBC Africa, Published: July 18, 2019, Retrieved: January 31, 2022
- Zimbabwe fan Zhakata finally meets Botha in Cairo, CAF, Published: July 12, 2019, Retrieved: January 31, 2022
- CAF To Pay For Warriors Super-Fan Air Ticket & VVIP Ticket For AFCON Final, Pindula News, Published: July 17, 2019, Retrieved: January 31, 2022
- Warriors superfan Alvin Zhakata attacked, suffers collapsed lung, Zimbabwe Voice, Published: November 22, 2020, Retrieved: January 31, 2022
- 2019 Total AFCON Final Super-fan, Alvin Zhakata Collapses After Malawi Vs Morocco Match, Pindula News, Published: January 27, 2022, Retrieved: January 31, 2022