Curtis Smith aka Kheda
|Born||Curtis William Smith|
March 15, 1983
Curtis William Smith (also known as 'Keda' and/or 'SleekyC') was born on 15 March 1983, to Claudia Boby Senekal and Michael Smith in Harare, Zimbabwe. He attended Moffat Primary School between 1989 - 1995, while proceeding to Churchill Boys High and Cranborne Boys High for his secondary education. Smith was one of the members of Spin city, the 'burnout' masters. He is married to Afton Dhana, the daughter of football legend Hamid Dhana (aka 'Muzukuru', 'Midz'), having relocated to Hamilton, Canada since February 2013.
Claim to Fame
SleekyC, his 'stage name' for burnouts, was classified as the country's leading spinner in 2012, representing Zimbabwe at regional events and having 3 years experience at the time. He joined Nassin 'Goofa' Ismail and Alistair Rosen, who founded Spin City and brought 'burnouts' to Zimbabwe, where Smith took the passion sport to another level.
Zvirikufaya na Keda
In June 2014 a Facebook page coined 'Zvinhu Zvirikufaya' cropped up in the newsfeeds of Zimbabweans showcasing how its nationals were enjoying life in their respective places of abode, while it is believed that the inspiration for the videos was drawn from [Philip Chiyangwa]'s showcasing of lavish living.
Smith began creating videos and contributing to the page after which he created a spin-off Facebook page: Zvirikufiya na Keda. He has since created a following of over 11,000 followers on Facebook as of 19 September 2014.
Creating his own videos for his page, Smith has opted to create videos that are humorous and witty, often having rave reviews on his posts.
At Smith's wedding his mother suffered cardiac arrest not too far from the wedding procession and died.
- Facebook post-'Connecting Zimbabweans', Zvirikufiya na Keda - Connecting Zimbabweans, Published: 29 Aug 2014, Retrieved: 19 Sep 2014
- Curtis Smith Facebook profile, Retrieved from Curtis Smith's Facebook profile, Retrieved: 19 Sep 2014
- Smith optimistic of the SA burnout, ZBC, Published: 10 April 2012, Retrieved: 19 Sep 2014
- [Personal Interview], Retrieved via personal interview with Curtis Smith, Retrieved: 19 Sep 2014
- What’s this “Zvinhu Zvirikufaya” craze?, Technology Zimbabwe, Nigel Gambanga, Published: 8 Jul 2014, Retrieved: 19 Sep 2014
- Zvinhu Zvirikufaya ne keda power mu Canada umo, Zvinhu Zvirikufaya Facebook Page, Published: 5 Jul 2014, Retrieved: 19 Sep 2014
- Zvinhu Zvirikufaya Sadza pa Canada, Zvinhu Zvirikufaya Facebook Page, Zvinhu Zvirikufaya Sadza pa Canada, Published: 23 Jul 2014, Retrieved: 19 Sep 2014
- Zvirikufaya na kedha, Zvirikufaya na Keda Facebook Page, Zvirikufaya na kedha, Published: 17 Sept 2014, Retrieved: 19 Sep 2014