|Picture format||576i (16:9 and 4:3) (SDTV),|
|Slogan||Feel every moment|
|Country||South Africa, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Nigeria, Malawi, Zambia, Uganda, Ghana|
|Sister channel(s)||DStv Box Office|
DStv is a Pay TV service owned by South African company, Multichoice. DStv provides a broad spectrum of entertainment, news and information channels subscribed to via bouquets. Bouquets have a pre selected number of channels.
In Zimbabwe, the DStv service is provided by Multichoice Zimbabwe, and agent of the parent company in South Africa.
DStv Bouquets and Channels & Pricing
Here are the channels currently provided, and the pricing:
- Premium $65
- Compact plus $40
- Compact $25 from $28
- Family $17 (Unchanged)
- Access $11 (Unchanged)
- Dstv lite $7 (New bouquet)*
Making DStv Payments
To make DStv payments, subscribers have the option to use a number of methods.
- Using EcoCash to pay DStv - This option was available until 31 December when EcoCash suspended the option. Econet said the reason was the difficult "operating environment" in Zimbabwe.
- Online Payments - One can also pay DSTv directly through the DStv website. The web address is eazy.dstv.com/en/zw.
- Using a Bank to pay DStv - Subscribers can also use their bank to make payments. Most banks, including POSB, EcoBank, CABS, CBZ Bank, NMB Bank, Stanbic, Standard Chartered (Account holders only), FBC Bank, MetBank, Barclays (Account holders only) allow people to make payments either at the branch or through an app or mobile money service
- Through Telecash - Subscribers can pay using Telecel's Telecash mobile money service. The option is available under the billers menu. To Access Telecash, one can dial *888# on their phone.
DStv Self-care service
One can use the DStv self-care website to clear errors on their decoder. The site will ask for the Smartcard number. Once that is supplied one then has to specify the error showing on their TV and clear the error code.
Common errors that can be cleared using this method are: E16, E32, E30.
People are usually bothered by these errors when they make payment but their decoder doesn't clear the error.
Another method to use if one cannot connect to the DStv website is to just call the Multichoice call center on the following numbers: +263 4 32600, 0774 168 466, 0712 267 770.
One can also just use the Multichoice Zimbabwe Facebook page inbox. Multichoice responds very quickly to such messages.
Price Increases & Reductions
Every year, around April, Multichoice increases the prices of the service by between 0.5% and 7%. This usually attracts backlash from subscribers as DStv is the only option aside from the State broadcaster, Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation, and internet options which are expensive.
In October 2016 DStv prices were not increased. Instead, the company reduced prices by between 11% and 21% along with a content upgrade on all DStv packages.
DStv Zimbabwe Call Center Phone Numbers
Landline: +263 4 32600
Mobile Numbers: 0774 168 466-472, 0712 267 770-773
- Ecogreen Plastics
- Kudzai Bare
- Sebastien Summerfield
- Shacky Timburwa
- Alternative Environmental Service
- Greenline Africa Village
- VaChirenda Centre of Hope (VCH)
- Santiza Buzara Enterprises
- Clean Marondera
- ↑ Nigel Gambanga, Breaking News – MultiChoice Zimbabwe reduces its DStv bouquet prices, Techzim, Published:18 Oct 2016 , Retrieved: 22 Dec 2016