Ellen Chiwenga is the only Zimbabwean accredited female FIFA Football Match Agent. She was nominated among a galaxy of sports personalities in England like Raheen Sterling and Sadio Mane for the 2019 Football’s Black List.
Ellen Chiwenga is a FIFA Football Match Agent, as well as a member of the Association of Football Agents (AFA), the International Association of FIFA Licensed Football Match Agents (FIFMA), and Women in Football (WIF) from Zimbabwe. She has been working in the world of football for more than 15 years in marketing and developing the game through her EC Football Consultancy.
Ellen Chiwenga is a FIFA Football Match Agent, as well as a member of the Association of Football Agents (AFA), the International Association of FIFA Licensed Football Match Agents (FIFMA), and Women in Football (WIF) from Zimbabwe. She has been working in the world of football for more than 15 years.
During all those years, she has learned step by step all the aspects of the game, from grassroots and scouting to tactics, global business development and transfers. Through her drive to make a change in a male-dominated industry and ambition to promote diversity and equality in the game, she is today the only woman Football Match Agent in England and the only African woman Football Match Agent in the world.
As part of her duties, Ellen legally represents athletes by checking their contracts and negotiating their employment. She is responsible for the communication between the managers and individuals she represents to ensure that both sides are satisfied. She also arranges worldwide matches between teams belonging to different Confederations, such as friendly matches and tournaments between national teams or clubs.
She is planning to lead the football governing body in the country and in February 2020 she announced her ambitions to contest for the next ZIFA (Zimbabwe Football Association) president's position which is expected to be held in 2023. She will become the first female candidate to contest for this position in the history of Zimbabwean football if she decides to fulfill her ambition.
Awards and Recognition
- She was named the Best African Women making a difference in the Sports category at the African Virtuous Women Awards in 2018.
- She was also appointed the brand ambassador of the Pakistan club FC Karachi in 2018.
- She was awarded the Personality of the Year Award under the 2017 Zimbabwe Achievers Awards.
- In August 2019, Ellen Chiwenga was appointed Global Goodwill Ambassador of Bring Hope Humanitarian Foundation (BHHF), a charity organisation that delivers humanitarian aid and medicines to internal displaced people, refugees, and people in need around the world.
- She is a member of the ‘Right to Play’ Partnerships Committee and in January 2020 was awarded the Medal of Knight of the Order of Lafayette.
She has partnered with Bring Hope Humanitarian Foundation to donate hygiene products and medicines to Zimbabwean youths especially those involved in sports. These items are for the vulnerable Zimbabwean youths who are also talented in the field of sport, arts and entertainment.