Heal Zimbabwe Trust (HZT) is a non-profit peacebuilding organization established in 2009 with a mission to prevent and transform conflicts in Zimbabwe with a particular focus on social justice and human rights protection.
- To Plan and initiate the implementation of the national community peace-building projects informed by well-researched strategies and institutional arrangements;
- To communicate information on national healing initiatives and the role of HZT to stakeholders. (Information and Publicity)
A peaceful and prosperous Zimbabwe that celebrates diversity in local communities.
The organization has five programming thematic areas which are
- Community Protection and Resilience Program
- Livelihood Restoration and Capacity Building Program
- Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation
- Governance and Accountability Program and
- Transitional Justice
Mission To re-build national cohesion through the promotion of tolerance and peaceful coexistence in local communities.
Heal Zimbabwe expects to achieve the following strategic outcomes.
- Focus on the needs of our communities
- Actively promote inclusiveness
- Act with integrity
- Communicate effectively
- Value and celebrate diversity
- Be accountable and transparent to stakeholders
A peaceful prosperous Zimbabwe which celebrates political, cultural and religious diversity and promotes peaceful co-existence in local communities. We will contribute to peaceful and tolerant local communities in Zimbabwe through advocacy and lobby and providing psycho-social support to ensure that:
- There is increased understanding, awareness, education, and research regarding the impact of political violence on the local communities in Zimbabwe.
- Social, political and economic policies and practices do not directly or indirectly condone intolerance of diversity of opinions.
- The interests and well being of victims and survivors of political violence and torture are fully represented.
- There are positive initiatives to rebuild the cohesion of affected communities through community initiated and driven conflict transformation and peace building initiatives.
Community Cohesion building
Heal Zimbabwe encourages peace clubs to be the forerunners of justice, peace-building and also to be truth tellers in their respective communities.
Governance and Accountability
HZT in has in the past used the following measures to effectively gather, disseminate information to its members and stakeholders; Documentaries
Peace Building and Conflict Transformation
It is the mandate of Heal Zimbabwe Trust to facilitate activities mainstreaming peace-building in the communities and conflict mitigation strategies.
Welfare and Livelihoods
Heal Zimbabwe Trust is promoting the social welfare of people in the communities and restoring the livelihoods of these people. In so doing the communities are aided with income generating projects and also training on these projects on small enterprises management.