|Education||University of Zimbabwe|
|Known for||Being a Politician|
|Political party||MDC Alliance|
Jacob Mafume is a Zimbabwean politician who is a member of the MDC Alliance and formerly with People's Democratic Party formerly the MDC Renewal Team party where he was the party spokesperson. He was elected mayor of Harare on 3 September 2020 to replace Herbert Gomba who was recalled from his position by MDC-T.
Despite being a founding member of the original MDC Mafume was expelled from the Movement for Democratic Change - Tsvangirayi (MDC-T) after he called called for the resignation of party leader Morgan Tsvangirai together with Elton Mangoma, Promise Mkwananzi and Last Maengahama.
Mafume lost the Harare South Constituency in the 2013 elections. He is also a former University of Zimbabwe students’ union’s secretary general. He holds the position of Deputy Secretary for Local Government in the MDC Alliance. He was elected councilor for Harare Ward 17 (Mt Pleasant) on an MDC Alliance ticket during the July 2018 elections. He was elected Harare Mayor on 3 September 2020 replacing Herbert Gomba.
- Jacob Mafume About, Facebook, published: No Date Given, retrieved: July 5, 2016
- mafume jacob, LinkedIn, published: No Date Given, retrieved: July 5, 2016
- Cyril Zenda, MDC-T is malicious, vindictive: Renewal Team, Financial Gazette, published: March 26, 2015, retrieved: July 5, 2016
- Paidamoyo Muzulu, Updated: Mangoma summarily expelled from MDC-T, NewsDay, published: April 11, 2014, retrieved: July 5, 2016
- , 3-Mob, Published: 3 September, 2020, Accessed: 3 September, 2020