Image Via Colchester United Football Club
October 26, 1995
|Employer||Ipswich Town FC|
Macauley Bonne is a Zimbabwean footballer who plays for Charlton Athletic Football Club in the United Kingdom.
Bonne also played for Championship club Ipswich Town FC after joining on a season-long loan from Queens Park Rangers on 27 June 2021.
Macauley Bonne was born on 26 October 1995 in Ipswich, England to Zimbabwean parents.
Bonne started his career as an eight-year-old at Ipswich Town before joining Norwich City Football Club.
He joined Colchester United Football Club in 2009 where he shot up from youth ranks to the club's first team.
He made his professional debut for Colchester in 2013, and scored his first professional goal on his 18th birthday in a match against Peterborough United.
He had two loan spells at Lincoln City between September and October 2016, and Woking between January and February 2017.
He had to join Leyton Orient in July 2017 and played for two seasons scoring 45 goals in the process.
He then signed for Charlton Athletic when they gained promotion into the Championship for the 2019/20 season for an undisclosed fee.
Bonne signed for English Championship side Queens Park Rangers (QPR) on 2 October 2020 after leaving Charlton Athletic. In June 2020, Bonne joined Ipswich Town on loan from QPR.
Bonne left QPR in January 2023 after his contract was terminated by mutual consent. He had made 44 appearances in all competitions, scoring three goals.
That same month (January 2023), Bonne rejoined Charlton as a free agent for the remainder of the 2022/23 season.
In August 2014, Bonne made himself available for selection by Zimbabwe in a 2016 Olympic qualifier match. Bonne got his first Zimbabwean cap in November 2014 when the Young Warriors played against Morocco in a friendly match that they lost 2-1. Bonne scored the only goal on his début.
Macauley got his first senior team cap in August 2015 when he was named by Callisto Pasuwa in the Zimbabwe Warriors provisional squad for an African Cup of Nations qualifier against Guinea.
Teams Played For
- Ipswich Town Football Club (2003-2009 Youth Career)
- Norwich City Football Club (2009 Youth Career)
- Colchester United Football Club (2009-2013 Youth Career and then 2013-2017 Senior Career)
- Lincoln City (Loan) 2016
- Woking (Loan) 2017
- Leyton Orient (2017-2019)
- Charlton Athletic (2019-2020)
- His nickname is Macca.
- Bonne made his debut for the Zimbabwe under-23 side in a friendly match against a full-strength Morocco national team on 16 November 2014.
- ↑ Gilbert Nyambabvu, , ZBC News, Published: June 27, 2021, Retrieved: June 27, 2021
- ↑ Macauley Bonne a bright prospect for Zimbabwe, Soccer24, Published: November 21, 2014, Retrieved: August 25, 2015
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Michael Madyira, Bonne’s come-get-me plea to Gorowa, Standard, Published: April 13, 2014, Retrieved: August 25, 2015
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Zim's all-star trio, Herald, Published: November 15, 2014, Retrieved: August 25, 2015
- ↑ Zimbabwe Football Daily, , Zimbabwe Football Daily, Published: 2 October, 2020, Accessed: 2 October, 2020
- ↑ MACAULEY BONNE ‘DOWNGRADES’, H-Metro, Published: June 29, 2021, Retrieved: June 29, 2021
- ↑ QPR terminates Bonne’s contract, Soccer241, Published: 05 January 2023, Retrieved: 27 January 2023
- ↑ Andy Warren, Charlton Athletic: Ex Ipswich Town man Macauley Bonne completes move, East Anglian Daily Times, Published: 12 January 2023, Retrieved: 10 February 2023
- ↑ A DREAM COME TRUE.Bonnie feels very honoured. Teenage star wants more caps, Herald, Published: November 9, 2014, Retrieved: August 25, 2014
- ↑ Petros Kausiyo, WARRIORS ON THE MARCH...Bonne handed first Warriors call up, Chronicle, Published: August 25, 2015, Retrieved: August 25, 2015