|Madam Boss (Tyra Chikocho)|
|Born||Tarisai Cleopatra Chikocho|
April 10, 1985
|Known for||Being a gospel musician and comedian.|
Madam Boss also known as Tyra Chikocho real name Tarisai Cleopatra Chikocho is a Zimbabwean comedian and actress. Chikocho is a former gospel musician. She has staged shows alongside Shingisai Suluma, Kudzi Nyakudya and many others.
School / Education
She is a beauty therapist by profession.
As a comedian she has done commercials for OK Zimbabwe, Ring Driving School and Impala Car Rental. In April 2021, Madam Boss was appointed Ingwebu Breweries Brand Ambassador. She was appointed together with radio personality and comedian Babongile Sikhonjwa and model Ben Chest.
She became a household name after doing skits as a house maid and as a boss.
In April 2021, Madam Boss landed another international acting role after getting a new role in a South African SABC 1’s new telenovela, uBettina Wethu.
Madam Boss got the new role through the help of casting agency, Becky Casting Agency which is run by a South African-based Zimbabwean Bekezela “Becky” Dube. Madam Boss had just returned to Zimbabwe from Nigeria where she had a shoot for a Nollywood movie titled The Offspring.
In November 2022, Madam Boss was nominated for the "Ladies In Media Award" in honour of her "tireless efforts and exceptional leadership in the nation's media and communications."
She won the 2022 Most Influential Woman of the Year Award at the Ladies in Media Awards (Lima) held in Ghana on 25 March 2023.
Madam Boss was involved in a road traffic accident on 22 October 2022 a few kilometres outside Norton.
She was on her way to a concert in Kadoma that was headlined by South African musician Makhadzi. Madam Boss was in the company of her friends when the accident occurred.
Madam Boss accused the employees of a garage of failing to properly fix the wheel nuts of her Range Rover and said their negligence caused the accident. She said:
The vehicle Inspection Department, evaluators and police have concluded that the wheel nuts were not properly fixed, and that’s what led to the accident. It is disturbing me daily.
She was discharged from the hospital a few days after the accident and had fully recovered a few weeks later.
- Jonathan Mbiriyamveka, Madam Boss eyes stand-up comedy, Gemnation, published: January 18, 2017, retrieved: May 25, 2017
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Bongani Ndlovu, Why Madam Boss was appointed Ingwebu Breweries brand ambassador, Chronicle, Published: April 10, 2021, Retrieved: April 30, 2021
- Keith Mlauzi, Another boss move for Madam Boss as she secures role on SABC 1, Nehanda Radio, Published: April 30, 2021, Retrieved: April 30, 2021
- NEW: Zim actresses scoop international awards, The Sunday Mail, Published: 29 March 2023, Retrieved: 05 March 2023 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "The Sunday Mail" defined multiple times with different content
- I BOUGHT MY NEW CAR. . . Madam Boss dismisses claims she got a donation, Arron Nyamayaro, Published: 21 November 2022, Retrieved 22 November 2022