|Born||Michael Rueben Nyambuya|
July 23, 1955
Lt General Michael Rueben Nyambuya, commanded the ZNA forces at N’Djili Airport, Kinshasa, in 1998, when the Rwandan and allied forces attacked, starting the Second Congo War. He retired, and became Governor of Manicaland, then Minister of Energy and Power Development, and was also Speaker and Deputy Senate President.
He was born on 23 July 1955.
School / Education
Nyambuya did his primary school education at ST Columbus Honde Valley and his Advanced Level studies at Hartzell High School. He holds a Diploma in Public Administration from the University of Zimbabwe. 
Service / Career / Events
In August 1998, during the Second Congo War, General Nyambuya was CO of the ZNA forces who resisted and defeated the Rwandan attack on N’Djili airport at Kinshasa. Termed Operation Kitona.   Cooper, Tom. ```Great Lakes Conflagration: Second Congo War, 1998 - 2003.```
In January 1999, he and another ZNA General were recalled to Zimbabwe. Allegedly for believing a diplomatic solution was a better option than deploying Zimbabwean Forces to eastern DRC, as a way to end the civil war. 
Governor and Minister
Following his election in March 2005, he was appointed Minister of Energy and Power Development in April.
In February 2008, he told Zimbabweans to conserve electricity. By turning off gadgets and lights when not in use, Zimbabwe could save up to 300MW of power daily. 
In a February 2015 story, it is alleged that the CIO were spying on a group, that included Solomon Mujuru (who had died two years before the article), Paradzai Zimondi, Perrance Shiri , Mike Nyambuya and Simbaneuta Mudarikwa. They used to meet regularly for drinks. 
Nomination Court 2023
- HON NYAMBUYA MICHAEL, Parliament of Zimbabwe, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: January 23, 2021
- , Zimbabwe Times Website, 16 June 2019; Retrieved, 9 July 2019.
- Cooper, Tom (2013). Great Lakes Conflagration: Second Congo War, 1998 2003 (https://books.google.com/books?id=3uXZAwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false). UK: Helion & Company Limited. pp. 23–32. ISBN 978-1-920143-84-8.
- [https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.zimbabwe/zvvH-hOyni8 Social Culture Zimbabwe], Social Culture Zimbabwe: 26 January 1999: Retrieved: 9 July 2019
- Noczim Scandal, Pindula Profiles; Retrieved: 9 July 2019
- Wikipedia, Mike Nyambuya Wikipedia; Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- Zim told to conserve electricity, Mail and Guardian, 22 February 2008; Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- Report: Mugabe set to steal election Mail and Guardian, 31 March 2008; Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- CIO spied on Mujuru and Zimondi The Zimbabwean, 19 February 2015, Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- absent ministers to be punished, Zimbabwe Situation, 30 May 2019; retrieved 9 July 2019.
- President Hails Chinese Firm The Zimbabwean, 14 June 2019; retrieved 9 July 2019.
- [Government Gazette Extraordinary, Vol. CI, No. 64 30th June, 2023], Government Gazette Extraordinary Vol. CI, No. 64 30th June, 2023, Published: 30 June 2023, Retrieved: 30 June 2023