Nicholas Raymond Leige Price better known as Nick Price is a South African born Zimbabwean professional golfer. Nick was born on January 28, 1957 in Durban, South Africa before his parents migrated with him to the then Rhodesia as a young boy and he even fought in the Zimbabwe's war for independents for the Rhodesian army. He was introduced to golf at a very early age and went on to rise to stardom.
Early Golf Career
After having been introduced to golf at a young age Price is said to have dominated his peers in the then Rhodesia and at 17 he traveled to San Diego, California, where he won the Junior World Championship.
Price turned professional in 1977. He went on to win major tournaments abroad in countries such as the United Kingdom and the United States of America. At one point in time Price was the world number one.
Awards and Honours
- Member, World Golf Hall of Fame
- PGA Tour money leader, 1993, 1994
- PGA Tour Vardon Trophy (scoring) winner, 1993, 1997
- PGA Tour Player of the Year, 1993, 1994
- 5 time member, International team, Presidents Cup
- PGA Tour: 18
- European Tour: 7
- Champions Tour: 4
- British Open: 1994
- PGA Championship: 1992, 1994