Nyasha Mutsekwa is the Director of Business Development at Aflix, a pan-African VOD startup based in New York and co-founder of MeTVAfrica.
Nyasha was born and raised in Zimbabwe.
Nyasha went to St Johns High School from 1993 to 1995 before graduating from Cape Town University with a Bachelor of Social Science, Human Resources Management and Services between in 2002. He attained a PDM, Business Administration at Wits in 2002 before attaining a Human Resources Management and Services qualification at the same institution.
Mutsekwa's career is centered on management consulting, project management and business development in the information technology industry. He previously served in senior management positions at IQ Business Group and Oracle Corporation before co-founding EI Web Technology Solutions – the holding company of MeTVAfrica.com. As an entrepreneur, He has been interested in developing new digital distribution channels for African content including stock exchange information, events information, and now film and television. Mutsekwa approaches his work with passion and an understanding that the digital revolution in Africa is just beginning and as young Africans we need to define it and own it.
- Africa Market Advisor-Springlab, Oracle Kenya, Shungu Ideas Holdings (Current)
- July 2013 – Present HCM Solutions Expert: Oracle Kenya
- November 2012 – Present as Holdings Executive Director: Technology and Innovation-Shungu Ideas Holdings.
- Executive Director: Technology and Innovation at Shungu Ide
- January 2012 – November 2012: CEO Metvafrica
- June 2007 – June 2009: Senior Pre-Sales Consultant : Oracle
- January 2007 – June 2009-Business Development Manager
- May 2005-June 2007 -Project Manager: Oracle
- September 2004 – April 2005 : Independent Contractor: Business Process Consultant:Proudfoot Consulting
- March 2002 – October 2002-Associate Consultant: IQ Business Group
- Co-founder EI Web Technology Solutions.
- , Nyasha Mutsekwa,Entertainment TV Africa, retrieved:17 Mar 2015"