Rainbow Tourism Group
Rainbow Tourism Group was established in 1992 and is a major player in Zimbabwe's tourism industry. It has operations in the regional markets through management contracts and strategic alliances. In Zimbabwe, RTG operates The Rainbow Towers, Rainbow Hotels, Touch the Wild and Tourism Services Zimbabwe. Rainbow Tourism Group operates one of the most popular Five Star hotels in the capital city Harare.
RTG is one of the companies in the tourism and hospitality industry listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange. The Company provides hospitality under four brands, namely The Rainbow Towers (100%-owned), which is a five star hotel and conference centre; Rainbow Hotels Division (100%-owned) includes three star city and resort hotels; Touch the Wild (TTW), a 60%-owned subsidiary includes eco-tourism lodges that offer safari, and Tourism Services Zimbabwe (TSZ), a 60%-owned subsidiary company that provides all travel requirements.
Corporate Social Responsibility
The Rainbow Tourism Group, with hotels and lodges located in the natural areas around the country and the region, is on the fore front of fostering a culture of environmental reciprocity through adopting eco friendly strategies. The main objectives is to foster a culture of good environmental practices by Zimbabweans through adopting of the “reduce , reuse, recycle” strategy within the Rainbow Tourism Group. RTG implemented an environmental policy with effect from 2008 in conjunction with Mapepa, a community based waste management company.
For the Rainbow Tourism Group , the sustainability of clean up Campaigns have made significant changes within communities, industry and institutions. These campaigns include;
- Community Waste Recycling income generating projects
- Bio- degradable waste recycling composts for organic farming
- Invasive Species eradication from the Victoria Falls Rain-forest in conjunction with National Parks and Community Volunteers
- Greening of dump sites in communities and schools through clearing waste heaps then tree planting
- Industrial Waste Reduction and Resource Recycling Programs that are implemented with the assistance of E- Africa.
- 1st Runner up –Best Environmentally friendly lodge for the Annual Tourism Awards Zimbabwe 2008 -:Lodge at Ancient City one of its leading lodges under the Touch the Wild brand.
- Best corporate Social Citizen Awards for 2008 for the Annual Tourism Awards Zimbabwe.
- Corporate Environmental Champion for 2009 Award by Environmental Africa , which is the most recognised environmental Group in Zimbabwe.
RTG Hotels In Zimbabwe
- Rainbow Towers Hotel and Conference Centre
- New Ambassador Hotel
- Kadoma Hotel and Conference Centre
- Bulawayo Rainbow Hotel
- Rainbow Beitbridge Hotel
- Zambezi River Lodge
- Victoria Falls Rainbow Hotel
- Tendai Madziwanyika- Chief Executive Officer.
- Napoleon Mtukwa- Acting Finance Director
- David Govere- Non Executive Director
- Thandiwe Thondo Mlobane- Non Executive Director
- Shingirayi Norman Chibhanguza- Non Executive Director
- Joseph Kanyekanye- Non Executive Director
- Ian Chamunorwa Haruperi-Non Executive Director
- Douglas Hoto- Non Executive Director
- Shadreck Chamunorwa Vera- Non Executive Director
- Douglas Mavhembu- Non Executive Director.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 , Rainbow Tourism Group Limited, "ZSE", retrieved:22 Jul 2014"
- ↑ , Rainbow Group, "Reuters",retrieved:22 Jul 2014"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 , Sustaitanable Development, "RTG", retrieved:22 Jul 2014"
- ↑ , Hotels, "RTG", retrieved:22 Julo 2014"
- ↑ , Directors, "RTG", retrieved:22 Jul 2014"