|Education||University of Zimbabwe|
|Alma mater||University of Zimbabwe|
|Employer||Standard Chartered Bank Zimbabwe|
Ralph Watungwa is a renowned banker in Zimbabwe, an Associate Member of the Institute of Bankers in Zimbabwe, who became the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Standard Chartered Bank Zimbabwe (SCBZ) in 2012. He worked in Zambia and Tanzania where his expertise necessitated his appointment as the head of SCBZ in 2012.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Studies (University of Zimbabwe UZ)
- Masters in Business Administration (UZ)
Watungwa joined SCBZ in 1987 and he rose through the ranks. He was promoted to be the Head of Consumer Banking in 2003. In 2006, he was transferred to work in Tanzania as the Head of Consumer Banking. He retained his post up to 2008 when he was then transferred to work in Zambia as the Head of Consumer Banking. Whilst in Zambia, he was credited for introducing innovate marketing strategies which resulted in the refurbishment of the Consumer Banking sector and the bank in general.
In 2011, the bank received an award as it was recognised as the Bank of the Year in Zambia by The Banker Magazine. This came in the wake of the introduction of the Junior Millionaire Account which widened the base for accruing revenues.
As the CEO of the SCBZ, Watungwa managed to revitalise the bank and his efforts being aided by the bank's staff and board members enabled the bank to scope its first international awards in 2012. It was conferred the award of being the Best Foreign Bank in Zimbabwe by EMEA as well as the Best Bank in Zimbabwe by The Banker Magazine.
- Dan Mobley, Standard Chartered announces new General Manager for Southern Africa and new CEO in Zimbabwe, "Standard Chartered", published:29 Nov 2011,retrieved:15 July 2014"
- , Standard Chartered Bank introduces Junior Millionaire Account, "Lusaka Times", published:31 Mar 2009,retrieved:15 July 2014"
- , Stanchart scoops two awards, "The Herald", published:12 Dec 2012,retrieved:15 July 2014"