March 8, 1988
Rodwell Chinyengetere is a Zimbabwean footballer who was born on 8 March 1988 and currently plays for FC Platinum on loan from Baroka FC. He is a former player for Hwange Football Club as a midfielder.
Rodwell Chinyengetere was born on 8 March 1988. His grew up in Kadoma where his father was working and his parents did not allow him to play football at school for they wanted him to concentrate on his studies.
Chinyengetere started playing professional football in 2009 when he joined former Bulawayo giants Zimbabwe Saints Football Club. He left Zimbabwe Saints in 2010 to join Hwange Football Club. He had to leave Hwange for FC Platinum in 2016 and helped them win back to back league titles in 2017 and 2018. He caught the eye of South African side Baroka FC and eventually signed for them before being loaned back to FC Platinum in July 2019. He is currently playing in the CAF Champions League for FC Platinum. He was the 2017 and 2018 Soccer Star of the Year and also won the Golden Boot Award in the year 2018. In 2012 Chinyengetere suffered a horrific injury which put to doubt his career but he eventually recovered from that injury and he is back playing again and won titles after that injury.
Chinyengetere has 10 caps for the Zimbabwe national team and scored 2 goals in the process.
- Soccer Star of the Year winner (2017 and 2018 with FC Platinum)
- Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League winners x2 (2017 and 2018 with FC Platinum)
- Golden Boot winner (2018 with FC Platinum)
Teams Played For
- Zimbabwe Saints Football Club
- Hwange Football Club
- Baroka FC
- , The Herald, Published: July 17, 2019, Retrieved: September 20, 2019
- , Gemazo, Published: November, 2012
- , The Sunday Mail, Published: February 7, 2016, Retrieved: September 20, 2019
- , Goal, Published: December 8, 2018, Retrieved: September 20, 2019
- , The Daily News, Published: September 23, 2012, Retrieved: September 20, 2019