|Children||Joshua Makandiwa, Victor Makandiwa|
|Relatives||Lilian Makandiwa (Mother In-law)|
Ruth Makandiwa is a prophetess in UFI church and wife to founder of the church Emmanuel Makandiwa. Apart from being in the ministry alongside husband Emmanuel Makandiwa, Ruth is also heavily engaged in charity work around the country. The UFI has several ministries and prophetess Ruth Makandiwa heads the Charity Ministry in UFI.
Ruth Makandiwa was born Ruth Makawa to Eliza Makawa. She is wife to Emmanuel Makandiwa, the couple has two sons, Joshua and Victor.
Ruth Makandiwa has made her mark on society by engaging heavily in philanthropic work across the country. She is involved with many charitable events and organisations some of which she is directly responsible for. In one of her charity events, she celebrated her birthday in 2013 by hosting a party which she celebrated with homeless children. During the birthday celebrations she also donated goods ranging from stationary, clothing, and groceries to children from four different orphanages. On the same day, Ruth was also said to have given financial assistance to widows and street children. The donations made by Ruth Makandiwa on her birthday have become trademark as they are done every year on her birthday. In the 2014 edition of the annual event, she is said to have made a donation of groceries worth USD 11 000 to various homes which included Harare Children's Home, Tanyaradzwa Children's Home, Redemption Children’s Home and Danai Children’s Home. Ruth also heads the Agape Family Care whose main objective is to offer and care for members of society in need. Through the foundation, Ruth Makandiwa has donated groceries to more than two hundred widows, some of which were said not to have been church members.
Apart from making annual donations to Children's home annually, Ruth also:
- Makes hospital & clinic donations
- Engages in community development in Rural areas
- Commits to paying monthly rentals and groceries for families facing difficulties
- Payments of school fees and examinations fees for selected high school and tertiary students
- Empowers widows and orphans by providing assistance in establishing income generating projects
In February 2018 when Auxilia Mnangagwa launched her Charity Organisation, Angel of Hope Mrs. Makandiwa donated $300 000.
Charity Work in Pictures
With Caroline Mujokoro on stage at the Permican Awards 2016
In July 2014, Ruth Makandiwa alongside nine other recipients were conferred with honorary doctorate degrees by a dubious institution called the International Institute of Philanthropy (IIP) for their outstanding contribution to humanity. The credibility of the institution was questioned after it had emerged that the institution had only been registered weeks prior to awarding honorary degrees to Ruth Makandiwa and company. Contacted for further details pertaining to the degrees awarded to 'Dr' Ruth Makandiwa and others, the company's chief facilitator Enrico Sibanda is alleged to have stated that they were a charitable organisation which was not answerable to anyone.
Mercedes Benz Brabus
There were also complaints in the various sections of the media who expressed their concern over the "show off attitude" allegedly involving Ruth Makandiwa alongside her female congregates. This was after Ruth Makandiwa had been given a 200 000 Mercedes Benz as a gift on mother's day.
- indiso Moyo S Emmanuel Makandiwa, Religion in Zimbabwe, Retrieved: December 26, 2014
- Prophetess Ruth Makandiwa, Prophet Boateng carved in stone worth $60000, The Zim Diaspora, Published: August 10, 2013, Retrieved: December 26, 2014,
- Victoria Ruzvidzo and Catherine Buswick Prophetess Makandiwa’s birthday with a difference, The Herald, Published: September 5, 2013, Retrieved: December 26, 2014
- Everson Mushava Fake degrees for Tuku, Makandiwa’s wife and 9 others?, NewsDay, Published: 8 Jul 2014, Retrieved: 26 Dec 2014
- Things That Make Me Go Grrrrrrrrr: Prophetess Ruth Makandiwa gets Mercedes Benz S500 Brabus worth $200,000, Ladyzim, Published: May 7, 2012, Retrieved: December 26, 2014