|Known for||Being an Activist|
|Movement||National Vendors Union of Zimbabwe|
|Relatives||Paddington Zvorwadza (brother)|
Sten Stendrick Zvorwadza, is a Zimbabwean political activist and politician. He is the board chairman of the National Vendors Union of Zimbabwe. He was a member of the MDC-T. He gained public attention when he led the protest against Vice President Phelekezela Mphoko's continued stay at a hotel.
In an interview, he mentioned that he became an activist at the age of 11. He said,
He also mentioned that he sells paraffin full time.
Mphoko Must Go Demonstration
Zvorwadza led a group of citizens who held a demonstration at Rainbow Towers Hotel in Harare in June 2016 against Vice President Phelekezela Mphoko's continued to stay in the hotel. Zvorwadza and another unidentified activist were arrested by the police. Zvorwadza was released on $200 bail and remanded to July 13 for trail.
2017 Arrest on allegations of undermining the Authority of the President
Sten was arrested after calling Robert Mugabe "a dead man walking", lawyers said, in the case of authorities cracking down on dissent. Mr Sten Zvorwadza, the leader of a street vendor's union, was charged with insulting or undermining the president in a press interview where he was also quoted as saying that M\r Mugabe was "old" and "day-dreaming".
He was arrested and was charged with threats to commit malicious damage to property after he was was accused of threatening to burn down Rainbow Towers Hotel.Zvorwadza was not asked to plead when he appeared before magistrate Vakai Chikwekwe.
Zvorwadza's matter was postponed to August 16 when he appeared before Harare magistrate Mr Elijah Makomo on July 14.
Encouragement for Opposition to oust Mnangagwa
Zvorwadza urged the opposition to join forces with the G40 Faction members who were expelled from Zanu-PF political party in order to defeat President Emmerson Mnangagwa in the 2018 elections.Opposition Should Work With G40 To Remove Mnangagwa Says Zvorwadza
Personally, I have never liked the G40 crew fronted by (recent past ministers) Patrick Zhuwao and Jonathan Moyo.
But it is a fact that these guys know the current regime better than all of us because they worked together. Opposition parties should work with them to remove Zanu PF.
I am among those who supported the coup. I must say I regret it. Now they are doing the same on us.
- Obey Manayiti, Zvorwadza: A giant tearing tyranny apart, Standard, published: August 14, 2016, retrieved: August 15, 2016
- Thomas Chiripasi, Two Arrested In Protest To Oust Vice-President Phelekezela Mphoko From Hotel "Home",VOA Zimbabwe, published: June 24, 2016, retrieved: July 5, 2016
- Helen Kadirire,[https://www.dailynews.co.zw/articles/2016/06/28/get-out-of-hotel-zimbos-warn-mphoko Get out of hotel: Zimbos warn Mphoko], Daily News, published: June 28, 2016, retrieved: July 5, 2016
- Zvorwadza trial deferred to August, Herald, published: July 15, 2015, retrieved: August 15, 2016
- Mphoko hotel protestor bailed, ordered to stay away from VP’s ‘home’,New Zimbabwe, published: June 27, 2016, retrieved: August 15, 2016
Buy Phones on Credit.More Deals